Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health and life insurance 2 ?

• 23-11-2015 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there...
    I've encounter a bit of a situation...not sure for wich life insurance to go...im not sure what suits me..
    I went on VHI insurance..to purchase one...im single,on my 30s,no previous insurance on myself..
    Ive found the vhi one called 500 suits me better..around €53 monthly...but still..not quite sure about it...

Anyone out there with more experience about insurance purchase?
    VHI is the best on market at the moment?
    Any other insurance company to be recommended?
    What is the best choice of being look after???
    Thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,586 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why would you need life insurance if your single?

For the health insurance you should have a look at this government website to compare each companies plans. Basically you have to weigh up what you can afford and what you will or possibly will need to use.

http://www.hia.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

You need to consider if you need day to day cover for the likes of GP visits or if you want to have cover for hospital care only. This will affect the cost of cover for you. If you don't visit your doctor very often, i.e. you are pretty healthy then there wouldn't be a need for day to day cover.

There are 4 insurers in the market at present, VHI, Aviva, Laya and Glo Health. With the HIA website you can compare similar plans from each of the providers to ensure you get the best offering available to suit your own circumstances. Make sure you know what the excess is on each policy before making your final decision.

Also double-check with your employer if they have any health insurance scheme in place as it may allow you to get cover at a discounted rate through them.

Thanks,

PaulM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,100 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP, do you have children? Who would be the beneficiaries of a life-insurance policy?

Advertisement