Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one to one swimming lessons dundalk

Options
  • 23-11-2015 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to get one to one swimming lessons for a child in the Dundalk area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

I think Aura do. There is a girl called Aimee who works there and has an amazing way with children. Best to ring them and inquire.
    I know there are group swimming lessons in the Ballymac, not sure about individual lessons but again you could ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Thanks Helga, but Aura only do 3:1 lessons- and to be honest I wasn't impressed at all. My experience of them is that some trainers were brilliant and others were just awful. (One little precious won't get wet at all!) I also hated the way that they focus on the big pass or fail week- given that my child was in the same group for over 18 months, he was getting very down about it all.

To avail of swimming lessons in Ballymac- I have to enroll both myself and my child. (I was willing to just enroll him but both of us is a bit rich for my blood).
    I agree that Aimee is brilliant-but she doesn't do 1:1.

Surely there must be someone out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

There has to be someone is right. Are you on Facebook, could you post looking for someone that way? Or even if you are in any of the Dundalk Buy and Sell Groups on Facebook, you could post looking there. My two are in Aura, and I find it great, they are just in the group lesson not the 3:1. You should approach Aimee directly and ask her, I'm nearly sure she gives a one on one lesson to one girl at about 6:15 on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Not Dundalk but You can defo get 1 on 1 lessons in Newry swimming pool.Very good tutor too but not sure of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Hi Helga,
    Would you believe that my son had Aimee on 1:1 while in PTfitness. I asked a while back if she did,or knew anyone who did one to one a while back and she said she didn't-asking again could get me a barring order! :)

I didn't think of asking on the buy and sell groups-excellent idea!

10 Green Bottles- are the 1:1 lessons a new thing I wonder, because there weren't available last year (when PT closed its doors :( ) I'll give them a bell and see whats available.

• Advertisement
Advertisement