Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Survivor series Thread *POST SHOW NOW ADDED*

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Even though its sheamus, i couldn't help but feel rather meh when he cashed in, and that his time as champ will be short lived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sheamus is stale as fúck. Has been since his original face turn. And even before that I never saw the draw.

He's not even good in the ring really.

Put it this way, Reigns is better in pretty much every department.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fell asleep before BoD vs. the Wyatts, woke up again a bit after the show finished.

Only real complaint I have about the Sheamus cash in was it was pretty obvious. Would have been nice to have Sheamus beat the three lads earlier on in the night to set him up (making the guy cash in look weak early in the night to set up the "shock" cash in is a bit wearying when they do it so often).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's a pity it didn't end when Reigns downed HHH.

They could then have HHH join up with Sheamus and other heels to chase Reigns.

It would be a nice change from the babyface chasing the Authority and usual undeserving heel champ.

They could build to a cash in which would also be a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm still waiting for a triple h vs reigns feud anyway. is that too much to ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sometimes, when I see Ambrose, all I can think about is my hairline

I always thought the The Lunatic Fringe tag was a rib on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM_7 wrote: »
    It's a pity it didn't end when Reigns downed HHH.

They could then have HHH join up with Sheamus and other heels to chase Reigns.

It would be a nice change from the babyface chasing the Authority and usual undeserving heel champ.

They could build to a cash in which would also be a change.

Agreed, a face champion is something we have not had for a while, while an authority heel champ has been the same thing for the last 2 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think Sheamus as an Authority champ has a lot of promise, but they need to make him more sadistic and paranoid about losing his title. The pieces are there, it just depends on whether WWE are willing to put them together. It sets the stage for Sheamus/Lesnar as well, which should be hogs heaven for those who like to see a stiff semi-shoot match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I haven't watched the show yet, but doesn't it make sense Sheamus cashed in then. Considering Reigns went through two matches in one night. I'm fine with him being champion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I had the ending spoiled on me, but it's not that it was shocking. There's two aspects that annoy me though.

First, I ****ing hate the way WWE constantly spoil people's first time winning the top title. Winning the title and then losing it straight away makes the faces look like idiots to me. If I won the title, first thing I'd do is get the hell out of the ring, given the high likelyhood of a screwjob. Doubly so when HHH makes his way towards me. It ruins the capturing of the title.

Secondly, I thought during the 5 vs 5 when it was Sheamus vs 3 faces (which in itself is thick booking) that they were going to have Sheamus bulldoze three guys to make him look strong ahead of a cash in. Nope. So an hour before he won the title, Sheamus was looking like an idiot on multiple fronts, between the loss and being the butt of New Day's jokes.

So yeah, not a fan of the ending at all.

At least there was some ok matches, but I really disliked the overall booking of the main story, and I really hate how they refuse to book the MITB holder as strong in any way in the build up to a cash in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Personally I always thought Sheamus should have lost whenever he cashed in; I know they need a top heel at the moment but I just don't think he's over enough to be in that position.

Ambrose turning heel would have been way more interesting to me. You could have played up the 'lunatic' element as well by having him act way more deranged than Rollins ever did. I'm thinking along the lines of a Joker type character (without the face paint obviously - don't wanna step on Sting's toes :pac:).

Will be interesting to see what the ratings are and if it gives them a decent bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sheamus was booked really badly earlier in the night to make the successful cash in a "shock". It's that kinda logic that has the current product the way it is. I like Sheamus, I said months ago that I'd like him to be HHH's new face and cash in when the authority get sick of Rollins causing problems for them to solve. But not only have they made him look weak in recent months (seriously stop doing this with MITB holders) they made him look like a total dork the night he wins the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Personally I always thought Sheamus should have lost whenever he cashed in; I know they need a top heel at the moment but I just don't think he's over enough to be in that position.

Ambrose turning heel would have been way more interesting to me. You could have played up the 'lunatic' element as well by having him act way more deranged than Rollins ever did. I'm thinking along the lines of a Joker type character (without the face paint obviously - don't wanna step on Sting's toes :pac:).

Will be interesting to see what the ratings are and if it gives them a decent bump.

i expected Sheamus to cash in last night (still doesn't make me any less pissed off) i was expecting him too lose on his try though, because i totally agree, he's not over, the only thing that's going for him right now is that he's getting the crowd to say he looks stupid :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement