Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hp printer suddenly giving error message when connected to wireless router

Options
  • 23-11-2015 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I bought a hp photosmart 5520 printer 2 months ago for light duty printing. It worked fine initially but last week when I switched it on, an error message flashed up and then the display went white with a message to turn printer off and on. Turning it off and on again doesn't help. If I switch off the wireless router, the printer works fine to connect to manually. However, as soon as the router is switched back on, the error message comes back up. I've tried resetting the router but it hasn't helped. I can't adjust the connection settings on the printer as it goes into the error message mode as soon as it establishes a connection with the router. I'm tearing my hair out and on the verge of bringing the printer back to argos and launching it over the counter. Argh!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Who is your internet provider? and what router are you using?

If it is VM then this might be of interest: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057501532/1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Interesting, but somebody in HP really needs a smack across the head for allowing a network failure to lockup the UI. Really poor development there.

Really if its as small as 650 users for Ziggo for a retail ISP this isn't an issue they care about.

Advertisement