Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panel on "How to start a YouTube Channel"

• 23-11-2015 11:19am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, posted with permission from a mod :)

I recently chaired a panel at Eirtakon on starting a YouTube channel, and was joined by Metal Ass Gaming and Lythero, two fairly big Irish YouTubing gamers.

Thought you might be interested:

If anyone has any general questions about starting a youtube channel/ twitch I also thought it'd be a good idea to have a central, generic questions thread so... if I can answer it I will :)

I'll throw the rest of the panel up as I edit it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

nice. when was that on ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BGOllie wrote: »
    nice. when was that on ?

The 14th of November. I run a gaming stream at Eirtakon every year and some gaming tournaments too. It's good craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

aw man I got to get my act together and head to a few of these in Ireland. Is there a calendar of cons anywhere ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BGOllie wrote: »
    aw man I got to get my act together and head to a few of these in Ireland. Is there a calendar of cons anywhere ?

I can't find an up to date one sadly!

It's actually a sad time to be getting involved in the scene, as two of the medium sized cons, Arcade con and Nom Con, are no more this year, the scene's kinda cannibalising itself because of the large scale English cons entering the market (among other issues).

For Anime/ video gaming, the main ones are Q-Con in Belfast (I should be attending/ streaming there), Eirtakon in Dublin (similar), Akumacon in Galway (Never been asked :D), and Dublin Comic Con (will be attending in some fashion).

There's loads of other cons of varying size and dedication to video gaming but these are the biggies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Definitely worth the watch, cheers Doom! :]

• Advertisement
Advertisement