Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Battlefront rated 16, but is it suitable for 13 year old?

Options
  • 23-11-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Our (nearly) 13 year year old has asked us if he can get Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One. We've always only allowed him play games that are suitably rated for his age.

I assumed Battlefront it is a PG / 12s game, but just checked & was surprised to see it's rated 16. I've read a few online reviews and a number of them comment that the 16 rating seems unusually harsh. There's no gore, sex or swearing. Apparently it's because Darth Vader & the Emperor can choke people to death (just like in the Star Wars films).

If that's really the extent of the violence, then we'd probably make an exception & allow him to get the game. Can anybody here comment on the nature of the violence in the game & whether or not it would be suitable for a 13 year old?

Don't let my Boards name muddy the waters. I've no vested interest either way. I might be a Star Wars fan, but I've never been a gamer, so makes no odds to me either way. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Its an ok game, I didnt know it was 16 though, I mean the Emperor and Vader use the Force choke in the movie and thats a G rating. I would say it would be ok for a 13 year old but it does get a bit repetitive and boring after a while, at least for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Nothing bad on the game at all really in my opinion - same level as Plants versus Zombies.

We leave our 9 year old play it with supervision.

Things to be aware of:

Online/Multiplayer aspect - keep an eye on this and make sure there is no communication with other players well thats what I do anyways.

In terms of violence - the only thing really is the close contact actions - where you can hit someone - this would be the same in all these type of games though.

The other thing to bear in mind is that a lot of adults play this - so he probably needs to be taking it seriously :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Apt username :)

Advertisement