Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband unusable most days for the last few weeks

Options
  • 23-11-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

I need someone to look into this for me, I can PM details.
    My address is in Santry D17.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

JR79 wrote: »
    Hi,

I need someone to look into this for me, I can PM details.
    My address is in Santry D17.

Thanks.
    Sorry to hear this JR79

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Hi Alan,

Account number sent to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Thanks JR79

I have looked in to this in detail and I can confirm that there is no line fault or any to suggest an engineer will be required however I have noticed what I believe is causing the issues you are experiencing.

My test results clearly show that there is 'line interference' on your end (most likely connection of the socket in your house) created be the way the modem and phone are connected although it can even be possible caused by faulty equipment like a faulty splitter/modem.

My advice would be to run a speed test to establish what speed you’re running at and then plug the modem directly to your socket (eliminating any phone connection or splitter) and run the same test. If the speed improves whilst the modem is plugged directly to the socket then that shows the issues are a result of the current set up you have.

Also, try being connected directly to the socket (eliminating phone connection) for a few hours - I'm quite sure you would not experience connection loss.

To ensure an accurate set up and eradicate this interference please try this link for guidelines on combating interference: http://bit.ly/PIBDSK

If you would like further assistance in combating interference please contact eir technical support on free phone 1901 (option 2 for support)

Thank you

Al

Advertisement