Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.Sc. in Aviation Management/B.Sc in Aviation Management hours and content?

Options
  • 23-11-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight into the B.Sc. in Aviation Management/B.Sc in Aviation Management with Pilot Studies course in DCU. I will be applying as a mature student but will need to work part time too, basically I just wanted to know what are the weekly hours like roughly? Is it 15-20 (manageable) or 30+ hours etc...

Also what is the course content like? I was looking at the various modules and it seems very interesting however it does seem to have a fair amount of maths (naturally enough), I dont mind maths as such but I originally did mechanical engineering after finishing the LC and hated it because it was 30+ hours of math a week. Just some insight would be great.

Thanks for all your help in advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CrumbleNewman

JayC_91 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight into the B.Sc. in Aviation Management/B.Sc in Aviation Management with Pilot Studies course in DCU. I will be applying as a mature student but will need to work part time too, basically I just wanted to know what are the weekly hours like roughly? Is it 15-20 (manageable) or 30+ hours etc...

Also what is the course content like? I was looking at the various modules and it seems very interesting however it does seem to have a fair amount of maths (naturally enough), I dont mind maths as such but I originally did mechanical engineering after finishing the LC and hated it because it was 30+ hours of math a week. Just some insight would be great.

Thanks for all your help in advance ;)

Hiya! I'm halfway through my first year of the course, so I cannot vouch for the next 3.5 years of course, but right now it seems to manageable - 15-20 hours per week, and a medium workload. As for all the maths, it does get tough, but a little dedication and you'll be fine. In our first semester we had Maths, Economics, Law, Accounting, Physics and Psychology. So some are easier than others, and some can make you struggle a little, for me it's maths and physics. In our first semester we had about 2-3 hours of maths a week in the form of online exams, and then 1-2 hours in the form of maths hw for tutorials. It's very manageable, and I'm loving the course so far, though I've never done most of the modules in my life, And I only did pass maths for the lc, and got a B2!
    I hope some of this helps! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Baxtrax

JayC_91 wrote:

JayC_91 wrote:

Hi,im nearly finished the course itself. Its very manageable. You can work part time no problem. Maths will be no problem at all to you. Theres only one module in first year and none after that. After first year its mostly business and aviation modules which are also business management related. First year is the only year where you have flying theory and bit of maths and accounting (you'll miss it later im telling you ha). But it wont be close to anything of 30 hours of maths like you did. I think this years third years have like 4 days off out of 7. So pretty manageable

Advertisement