Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue - Security Breach be careful of your personal details

Options
  • 23-11-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭

I am having some difficulties with Revenue because I was registered with ROS until recently. I notified Revenue of this and got a letter back so I thought all was OK. When I tried to log into PAYE Anytime I got an error message saying I was registered with ROS. I have tried numerous times and after spending ages listening to a robot receptionist eventually got to speak to Revenue employees. On each occasion they told me they would take me off the ROS register and I would have to wait overnight to register into PAYE Anytime. A week has passed and nothing has happened. Also Revenue had a completely different date of birth for me to the one I have and which should be on any accounts I have.

I am now concerned about security on the Revenue website. Who would have obtained my RSI number and tried to log on with a different date of birth? Why would they do this? How did they manage to hack into the system when I can't get further than robot receptionists and people who can't help me?

When I asked could I speak to somebody and make a complaint I was told to put it in writing. If I put it in writing it will be sitting there for months and will probably not get dealt with.

We all pay enough tax so why is the system so user unfriendly and open to attack?

It's clear why they don't talk to people regarding complaints, they would need to open an entire division for this.

Advertisement