Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Speed limit?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Stheno wrote: »
    Far better to have a couple of traffic corps car randomly on the route than 4-6 hours of closures due to an accident surely?

That's all they do in Belfast, at some point with variable limits, you'll see the PSNI so everyone respects the limits.

First you'd have to get AGS to actually give a toss and behave themselves.

I encountered a TC car this morning which spent the entire trip in the outside lane of the motorway, either too close to the car in front or about 4 car lengths back and holding up traffic behind them.

When this is what passes as setting the standard/enforcement it's no wonder that there's so much muppetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    First you'd have to get AGS to actually give a toss and behave themselves.

I encountered a TC car this morning which spent the entire trip in the outside lane of the motorway, either too close to the car in front or about 4 car lengths back and holding up traffic behind them.

When this is what passes as setting the standard/enforcement it's no wonder that there's so much muppetry.

Leading by example.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Stheno wrote: »
    Far better to have a couple of traffic corps car randomly on the route than 4-6 hours of closures due to an accident surely?
    what are they going to do? can they take someone to court with video evidence of lane hogging, or do they need to stop them and take details?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Despise fawkers who drive down a long exit stretch on M50, just to undertake 20-30 cars and try cut back in to the M50 again then.

Obviously there's genuine drivers who took the wrong exit accidentally of course too.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

Rackard wrote: »
    Despise fawkers who drive down a long exit stretch on M50, just to undertake 20-30 cars and try cut back in to the M50 again then.

Obviously there's genuine drivers who took the wrong exit accidentally of course too.

I'm going to put my hand up and say that I have done this a number of times. It definitely makes a difference (time wise) doing it. I have even come to pulling off the motorway at an exit, sitting at 2 sets of lights and pulling back onto the motorway and it is way faster. Southbound at Ballymun is a good one for this. Again I am not a "weaver" by any means.

• Advertisement
Advertisement