Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Restaurants

Options
  • 23-11-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm heading down to Westport this weekend . We're going up Croagh Patrick on Saturday :)

Any recommendations for a restaurant in Westport though? Not looking for fine dining or anything, just someplace decent to eat.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Old Bridge
    Everest
    O'Malleys
    Sol Rio
    Mangos
    Old Mill - Mill St
    Vulcano
    Continental
    Pantry and Corkscrew

to name some

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

blue note wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm heading down to Westport this weekend . We're going up Croagh Patrick on Saturday :)

Any recommendations for a restaurant in Westport though? Not looking for fine dining or anything, just someplace decent to eat.

Thanks.

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=47731&sty=m_spot

Full cloud cover, constant rain, wind gusts up to 46 knots.
    Good luck to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭blue note

CiniO wrote: »
    http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=47731&sty=m_spot

Full cloud cover, constant rain, wind gusts up to 46 knots.
    Good luck to ya.

Yeah, we booked it a couple of months ago. Wanted to do it and it was the first free weekend. Not much we can do about the weather now. Sure it will make it more of a challenge!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Yeah, we booked it a couple of months ago. Wanted to do it and it was the first free weekend. Not much we can do about the weather now. Sure it will make it more of a challenge!

Agreed, but be careful, if its windy down on the ground then it will be 10 times worse on the shoulder and peak. U could just abandon ship and sneak into Campbells for a scatter of pints! :)
    Enjoy it stay safe, the Reek as we call it locally is a dangerous place in bad weather.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Agreed, but be careful, if its windy down on the ground then it will be 10 times worse on the shoulder and peak. U could just abandon ship and sneak into Campbells for a scatter of pints! :)
    Enjoy it stay safe, the Reek as we call it locally is a dangerous place in bad weather.

I've done it before but on a perfect day. If it's really bad we'll just settle for pretending we did it 😊

Thanks for the listings folks. Just to say we went to Sage restaurant and it was fantastic. We had quite the appetite worked up from climbing Croagh Patrick (and it wasn't half as bad as I expected given the weather warnings), but the food was delicious.

A great weekend actually, I'll definitely be making the trip back to Westport sometime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Thanks for the listings folks. Just to say we went to Sage restaurant and it was fantastic. We had quite the appetite worked up from climbing Croagh Patrick (and it wasn't half as bad as I expected given the weather warnings), but the food was delicious.

A great weekend actually, I'll definitely be making the trip back to Westport sometime soon!

Glad you enjoyed it. My wife and I ate there on Friday night and it was very ordinary. We've been before and always enjoyed it, however everything was a bit below expectations on Friday.

Maybe we needed to climb the Reek first!

Advertisement