Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport New Years eve

Options
  • 23-11-2015 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I will be staying westport this new years eve with my girlfriend.
    Coul someone recommend a nice resturant for a meal on new years eve.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ladiesman216

yop wrote: »

That's fair enough Yop and i did have a look there first but there is nothing in there that recommends a resturant for a romantic evening meal for 2?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

That's fair enough Yop and i did have a look there first but there is nothing in there that recommends a resturant for a romantic evening meal for 2?

Thats sound, If you pick any of those in the dinner section the you won't go wrong for a venue or the meal.
    Dinner
    - Port Mór (Modern Irish meat and local seafood, cosy but top quality, Market Lane)
    - Sage (Modern Irish/Italian pasta, local seafood, fresh decor, High St)
    - The Helm Bar (Great Irish meat dishes and atmosphere, on The Quay)
    - Merlot (Fine dining style, modern Irish/European, in Plaza Hotel, Castlebar St)
    - Knockranny House (Fine dining style, award winning taster menu, off Castlebar Rd)
    - Il Volcano (Traditional stye Italian, best pizza for miles, High St)
    - Enotecha (Authentic/rustic Italian food and wine, Market Lane)
    - Bella Vita (Cosy Italian and seafood, High St)
    - Everest (Good Indian/Nepalese classics, South Mall)
    - Fishworks (Good Fish n Chips, Carlton Hotel, on The Quay)
    - Quay Cottage (Good European and fish, in nice old cottage but slightly pricey, on the Quay)
    - Mangos (Good Seafood, but slightly pricey, Bridge St)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

yop wrote: »
    Thats sound, If you pick any of those in the dinner section the you won't go wrong for a venue or the meal.
    Dinner
    - Port Mór (Modern Irish meat and local seafood, cosy but top quality, Market Lane)
    - Sage (Modern Irish/Italian pasta, local seafood, fresh decor, High St)
    - The Helm Bar (Great Irish meat dishes and atmosphere, on The Quay)
    - Merlot (Fine dining style, modern Irish/European, in Plaza Hotel, Castlebar St)
    - Knockranny House (Fine dining style, award winning taster menu, off Castlebar Rd)
    - Il Volcano (Traditional stye Italian, best pizza for miles, High St)
    - Enotecha (Authentic/rustic Italian food and wine, Market Lane)
    - Bella Vita (Cosy Italian and seafood, High St)
    - Everest (Good Indian/Nepalese classics, South Mall)
    - Fishworks (Good Fish n Chips, Carlton Hotel, on The Quay)
    - Quay Cottage (Good European and fish, in nice old cottage but slightly pricey, on the Quay)
    - Mangos (Good Seafood, but slightly pricey, Bridge St)

Yop, like myself you may not get out much.
    Some updates

Enotheka now change to La Farina - wine bar
    Quay Cottage now changed ownership to Idle Wall - heard it is good
    Torinos on Bridge St
    Old Bridge on Bridge St good for European, Indian and Thai
    Tavern at Murrisk oldest and still popular
    Nevins Tiernaur - long drive but very popular
    Pantry and Corkscrew on Octagon
    Clew Bay James St and Wyatts Octagon

Some of the major hotels do Christmas and/or New Year Programmes e,b, Hotel Westport, and any of the Corcoran Group ( Castlecourt, Plaza, Knockranny, Atlantic Coast, Check web sites

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ladiesman216

nuac wrote: »
    Yop, like myself you may not get out much.
    Some updates

Enotheka now change to La Farina - wine bar
    Quay Cottage now changed ownership to Idle Wall - heard it is good
    Torinos on Bridge St
    Old Bridge on Bridge St good for European, Indian and Thai
    Tavern at Murrisk oldest and still popular
    Nevins Tiernaur - long drive but very popular
    Pantry and Corkscrew on Octagon
    Clew Bay James St and Wyatts Octagon

Some of the major hotels do Christmas and/or New Year Programmes e,b, Hotel Westport, and any of the Corcoran Group ( Castlecourt, Plaza, Knockranny, Atlantic Coast, Check web sites

Thanks, we are stayinf in the Plaza so which would be the best within walking distance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

The hotel venues may have a NY party arranged.

On your way down Castlebar St from Plaza there is
    O Grady's just before the bridge
    on Bridge St
    Old Bridge
    West ( upstairs over the bar )
    sol Rio
    Torrinos
    Mangos

All good

Past t he town clock

Bella Vista
    Il Vulcano

all good too

Personally if you want a quiet place with good food and service I would suggest The Old Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring and get reservations, you don't want to go there only to find they're booked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thanks, we are stayinf in the Plaza so which would be the best within walking distance?

The Plaza is in town so you're only a couple minutes walk from everywhere mentioned with the exception of Knockranny Hotel, Idle Wall and The Helm.

As your in Westport I'd go for either An Port Mor, Sage, La Bella Vita or Pantry and Corkscrew if you're looking to treat yourselves. My pick would be An Port Mor but have a look and decide what suits you best.

Alternatively, almost anything else from above is decent although may not be the most romantic. Remember though, New Years Eve is generally a piss up in most towns so might be a bit noisier than usual. Have some prosecco and join in.

Be sure to book immediately!!!

Hope this helps.

Advertisement