Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useless ASTI directive

• 23-11-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭

We've waited since Sept for the directive on posts of responsibility....I had high hopes for a hard hitting, clear directive that would ban unpaid post work. What a joke the one they've come up with is, they must have consulted with the JMB. It's completely toothless, why bother balloting us at all. ASTI are completely detached from the real classroom world.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm really hoping that'll change on 1st Jan Icsics. Although, I'm TUI so not really lucky enough to have hopes of a new broom on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭jayo76

We haven't had a chance to hold a Union meeting in school yet to discuss the Directive but does in not ban unpaid post work by instructing all ASTI members not to carry out post duties for which they are not pensionably renumerated?

Advertisement