Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good price - raised attic flooring and stairs?

Options
  • 23-11-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

need to install raised attic flooring (had extra insulation laid last year) plus a foldable stira / stairs, work will involve extending and cutting existing hatch to accommodate same.

Area is approx 160sq foot, using proper quality tongue and groove boards.

Quoted 750 for the job, everything supplied, fitted and guaranteed for 5 years including stairs.

Can anyone with experience let me know if this is a good price for the job please?
    Many thanks, appreciate any opinions and feedback.

ps: No, I cannot do the job myself (!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

€750 seems expensive to me.... are you sure its only 160 sq ft ?

I'd make it to be approx

€100 - Standard Set of folding stair
    €150 - 5 Sheets of 18mm T&G OSB inc fixings
    €200 - Labour (fitting flooring + framing out stair ope and installing stairs)
    Plus profit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Floor is to be raised also to accommodate the extra insulation up there - definitely 160sq foot (approx 3m x 5m)
    Contractor estimates about 4 - 5 hours work?

Add in the cost of installing the 6 x 2 runners approx €50

What type of stairs is he installing? if its insulated + Airseal €750 inc VAT would be about right.

Fakro Komfort attic stairs. Insulated in middle of the door and rubber seal between door and fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

There was a crowd on groupon or one of them offering exactly this (i didnt remember this when you posted in DIY forum originally)

€338 for 100 square feet of attic flooring and ‘slide and glide’ aluminium attic ladder

in the small print there's raised platform surcharge of 80 so 418 for 100 sq feet

Based on that ... your 160 sq ft at 750 is just a tiny bit on high side.
    But if you consider that what im quoting above is supposed to be a special offer .... then maybe not.

Theyre based in laois and operate between dub and kk

• Advertisement

Cheers for that

All in it a reasonably reasonable price ;)

Advertisement