Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best rock vocalist of 2000-2015

• 23-11-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭

If I had to choose one vocalist of that has emerged over the last 15 years I would pick Myles Kennedy. He's a superb front man with both slash and alter bridge. Even heard rumours he was considered for a led Zeppelin line up. I saw him in 2010 In vicar street with slash but his vocals were limited due to illness but he did sound good when he did sing.

Also like arnel pineda of journey , Justin Hawkins of the darkness is quite good too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

One that comes to mind straight away is Cormac Neeson from The Answer. Serious set of pipes on that guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I heard some random fella singing in the pub last week, and I reckon he was the best rock vocalist of 2000 - 2015

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was about to say the guy from Alterbridge then saw his name above, yes Miles Kennedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Mike Patton.............I know he has been going longer than the last 15 years but even looking at his output in the last 15 years puts him on top!!

Also Maynard J Keenan..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Michael Starr another obvious nominee

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id def put Dallas Green (Alexisonfire/City and Colour) forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id def put Dallas Green (Alexisonfire/City and Colour) forward

pretty good as good as adele (who i think is a very good singer is overated)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I have a few Alter Bridge and some Slash DVDs and albums and have to say Myles Kennedy's voice is annoying as ****. There's only so much nasaly whiney **** I can listen too. They talk about his range, but it is delivered in one dimension. Interestingly, I would say the same about
    Arnel Pineda and Justin Hawkins, although I usually switch over as soon as I hear them to be fair.

Not saying they're the best but even yer woman Beth Ditto or Joel O'Keeffe from Airbourne are better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

el tel wrote: »
    I have a few Alter Bridge and some Slash DVDs and albums and have to say Myles Kennedy's voice is annoying as ****. There's only so much nasaly whiney **** I can listen too. They talk about his range, but it is delivered in one dimension. Interestingly, I would say the same about
    Arnel Pineda and Justin Hawkins, although I usually switch over as soon as I hear them to be fair.

Not saying they're the best but even yer woman Beth Ditto or Joel O'Keeffe from Airbourne are better

saw him in 2011 with journey in the o2 and have to say he sounded good but what i hear from all time journey fans is that they dont like his mad stage antics eg running around the place ???. How they found him was an amazing story (theres a movie on netflix called Dont Stop believen about him). He technically is a glorified Karaoke singer same with Myles Kennedy to be fair

• Advertisement
Advertisement