Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New graphics card

Options
  • 23-11-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi, was just looking for recomendations on a new graphics card, have about 200 to spend on it. Any help would be apriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What CPU to you?

GTX960 or a 280X are top at that price range

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Thanks for the reply, i have an i5-2500k

Yeah 960 or 280X are grand then

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

try get a 7970 second hand

If you're going second hand you can push out €20-30 and get a 290

280X is slightly better than the 7970 if you see them second hand at similar prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

may be a silly question but is this the 960 you reffered to?

I wouldn't get an Inno3D one.

Have a look at Amazon, its likely be cheaper than komplett

could you be a little bit more specific than a 960, sorry im looking for a good card around this price and i have no clue what im looking for.

would this be better?

Yeah EVGA would be a good one. Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS all make grand 960s

• Advertisement

although amazon is good for buying individual parts, would you recommend it for full builds?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Amazon are not bad for individual parts because you can get free delivery with "Super Saver Delivery".

But if you are buying parts for a whole build then you would probably save a few quid with Mindfactory. They charge 29.99 for delivery but they are cheaper than Amazon so you should easily cover the delivery cost if you are buying a few different items for a build.

They are based in Germany so you will also be paying in euros and will not have to get stung on the exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

I have also just seen this. http://www.mailboxde.com

It looks like a Parcel Motel type of forwarding service from Germany. I am too tired to read through it now but it looks like it could save money on shipping from German websites like Mindfactory.de. It might be worth a look.

Advertisement