Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Headlight bulbs,whats ones for good night vision?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

goodlad wrote: »
    Well yeah you would be mad to buy the side lights from power bulbs.
    Thats why i just get them thrown in free when i order my H4's

I bought some bulbs off them this morning with the discount code,for my car.

The just sent me an email saying that they will give me a free set of those Philips white vision bulbs with my order.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to change the free gift to the OSRAM Cool Blue intense, however we are able to amend the order to the Philips White Vision

This is almost an identical product and the only real difference between the two is the brand. Please see link: http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-whitevision-w5w-twin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yup thats always the way. As i said previously, Philips Blue Vision Ultra are the color match for the H4/H7 cool blue intense,. Thats what they will throw in free instead of the standard side lights.

Usually some form of Philips Bulb thrown in. They must cost them a shed load less than osrams because ive never seen them swap out the free ones to an Osram, always to a Philips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

The one thing that is being omited is the reflector in the lights, no amount of good bulbs will overcome a cr*p reflector. I had this with my 650 Deauville, tried every bulb known to Halfords and eBay. Still I could see how dirty or clean my front wheel was, that's about as much good they were. The

Join Ireland Weather Network

thecivvie wrote: »
    The one thing that is being omited is the reflector in the lights, no amount of good bulbs will overcome a cr*p reflector. I had this with my 650 Deauville, tried every bulb known to Halfords and eBay. Still I could see how dirty or clean my front wheel was, that's about as much good they were. The

Headlight with the Cool Blue Inttense bulbs are good and strong.
    Nice powerfull white light from them.
    Several car drivers getting out of my way on the way home this evening on the M50 to let me pass.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mine arrived nice and packaged today, cant fault the service. never heard of powerbulbs before.

Il be putting them in tonight, unless of course a pint is calling then it will be tomorrow of course.

Will try get some pics up for comparisons.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    mine arrived nice and packaged today, cant fault the service. never heard of powerbulbs before.

Il be putting them in tonight, unless of course a pint is calling then it will be tomorrow of course.

Will try get some pics up for comparisons.

Let us know what you think of them.If you can sure throw up a pic.:)

Got an email today to say mine were dispatched this morning.
    Seems fairly quick allright.:)

Arrived this morning in the post.
    Well happy.
    Eager to try out the Osram LED side lights.:)

20151130_145721_zpsfrerw2zd.jpg

Spent the late afternoon having to strip down the bike just to fit the 5w sidelight bulbs.

Ive taken pics of all 3 bulbs so you can see the difference in the colour and brightness..
    I left the oem bulb in on the right side of the pics to show the difference between oem and aftermarket bulbs.
    Osram Cool Blue Intense seem to match up the best to the H7 Cool Blue Intense.So thats what Im going with.:)

20151204_172924_zpscg54inei.jpg

20151204_171915_zpsq5stb2cj.jpg

20151204_172506_zpsof79fdbh.jpg

Osram LED 5w,much colder white light,didnt suit at all.

20151204_171715_zpsn3vahbra.jpg

Philips White Vision 5w ,closer again,but still didnt suit.

20151204_172216_zps5zlxa7kg.jpg

Osram Cool Blue Intense 5w,these suit the H7 Cool Blue Intense perfectly.:)

20151204_172700_zpsakp1ds3l.jpg

Hope this helps others decide whats best for them.:)

Advertisement