Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers from UK to Ireland

Options
  • 23-11-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

Hello. Someone will transfer money to my Irish account from a UK account. Do they need my IBAN and BIC/SWIFT code and account number or some combination of the three? 

I understand that things may change in this regard next year. Perhaps the IBAN will replace the BIC number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hello. Someone will transfer money to my Irish account from a UK account. Do they need my IBAN and BIC/SWIFT code and account number or some combination of the three? 

I understand that things may change in this regard next year. Perhaps the IBAN will replace the BIC number?
    Hi Minderbinder, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

For a transfer into your account from a foreign bank, generally you will need to provide your BIC and IBAN, however the person sending the transfer will need to confirm this with their UK bank. You can find your BIC and IBAN on 365 Online on the 365 Home page, or on the top of your statement. You can also generate your IBAN and BIC here if you need it.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.  

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement