Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union loans

• 23-11-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone could advise on the following.

I have applied for a loan with my credit union that I have been with with for 20 odd years and have been approved in principal.

They have asked me for a tax clearance certificate / letter from an accountants saying my tax is in order.I can provide neither for one reason or another

Basically I am asking is it just a piece of paper they want or will the check with the accountants.

Any advice would be wlecome

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

They will check with the accountants, and if you can't produce either document, it's unlikely you'll get the loan as-is. Have you someone that may be able to go as guarantor on the loan?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They want to know that you don't have any tax debts due that'll potentially threaten repayment of their loan. Doesn't sound too unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

They want to know that you don't have any tax debts due that'll potentially threaten repayment of their loan. Doesn't sound too unreasonable.

They may also be trying to verify your income. If you give them your last notice of assessment and a statement of account both of which can be requested from there tax office then they'll be happy.

Advertisement