Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Heater tripping RCD

Options
  • 23-11-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I've narrowed down the cause of my RCD tripping to my electric heater. Within 5 mins of being plugged in it trips in.

Only thing is I'm now absolutely freezing as only have a storage heater for my whole apartment, do I need to get a new electric heater or should I try different plug sockets etc or get an electrician in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Probably easiest thing would be to replace the heater sounds like the start of the element giving up.

One of the regular posters will help you when they read your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Elaine897 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've narrowed down the cause of my RCD tripping to my electric heater. Within 5 mins of being plugged in it trips in.

Only thing is I'm now absolutely freezing as only have a storage heater for my whole apartment, do I need to get a new electric heater or should I try different plug sockets etc or get an electrician in?

What's the make and model number of the heater?
    Trying different sockets won't solve anything and unless it's an expensive heater it may not be worth getting an electrician to fix it.

Advertisement