Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freebies in Breakfast Cereals in the 80's & 90's

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

haha, had one of them bowls.

i also vaguely remember some kind of soda-powder powered toys.

you supposedly put soda-powder in them and then put them in water and they were meant to move. dont remember much success though.

.... a bit like the 'ghost in a can' from mcdonalds. still disappointed.

I still have the ship one. It works for about 5 seconds then the baking powder gets damp and clogs up. It'll cross a sink but not the bath. The trick is that the water should be cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fryup wrote: »
    i suppose they don't do them anymore because they're seen as a choke hazard??
    I think in some countries its a legal issue, seen as advertising to kids and putting incentives into high sugar food. While it might be legal some might do it to look more responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭onform

Kellogs are giving away playballs in their cereal at the moment. When you open the box it's sitting on top, outside the inner bag of cereal. First thing I've seen them give away in the box in years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The United States-ians don't allow Kinder Eggs to be sold in case some kid swallows the thing whole, toy and all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The United States-ians don't allow Kinder Eggs to be sold in case some kid swallows the thing whole, toy and all.
    I remember hearing that somewhere- unreal. :rolleyes:

I also had the Kelloggs cereal bowls and the bike reflectors. Good times. :)

Advertisement