Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Error before cash dispensed

Options
  • 23-11-2015 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Hi,

On 20 Nov 2015 I attempted to make a withdrawal at an AIB atm (I am a BOI customer). I have previously made withdrawals from this ATM without issue. On this occasion everything was normal until it came to the point at which it dispenses the cash. In this case the machine gave an error and stated that I need to contact my bank. The machine remained in a state of error. On checking my account it shows that 50 euro had been withdrawn, which I never recieved. How do I go about getting my 50 euro back?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Hi,

On 20 Nov 2015 I attempted to make a withdrawal at an AIB atm (I am a BOI customer). I have previously made withdrawals from this ATM without issue. On this occasion everything was normal until it came to the point at which it dispenses the cash. In this case the machine gave an error and stated that I need to contact my bank. The machine remained in a state of error. On checking my account it shows that 50 euro had been withdrawn, which I never recieved. How do I go about getting my 50 euro back?

Thanks
    Hi bfa1509,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

When you don't receive cash from an ATM, generally this can adjust back to your account automatically. If this does not credit back to your account today, you can request this to be refunded. When you are logged into 365 Online please go to the Online Service Desk and then the "Ask a Question" option. A representative with account access can then look into this for you and request the refund if needed. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement