Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 23/11/2015 *Spoilers*

• 24-11-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭

James Storm teasing he will at the show

Is Reigns rematch tonight or will HHH punish him :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imagine Brock holding the money in the bank case . He would get a brilliant reaction when cashing it in

Kevin Owens will win it next year id say

I think the Wyatt's will target del rio I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cageside Seats ‏@cagesideseats 9m9 minutes ago
    I wonder if someone asks in the production meeting "how we starting Raw tonight" and Triple H just chuckles to himself
    17 retweets 27 likes
    :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Sheamus is like a bad actor in one of those Jedward Christmas pantos.
    But I kinda love it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well at least Roman is over in Nashville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"I want my rematch.....tonight."

Never works.

• Advertisement

I like the idea of Rusev joining the Authority. Was wondering last night what they were going to do with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Possibly tag team of Neville and mark henry? Little and large! Might be good for both of them. Probably won't happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Would be a nice way to start a tag-team. They could be cool together for sure!

So Jack Swagger is a babyface in this?

This storyline is a mess. I'd love to know how someone can come up with this.

Haha "We The People" is a babyface thing now. So I guess pro-immigration is a heel thing now.

• Advertisement

Haha "We The People" is a babyface thing now. So I guess pro-immigration is a heel thing now.

Not overly surprising given Vince has a hard-on for Donald Trump, so he'll agree with anything he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Two divas matches in the one night! There's a rarity.

Oh, no the PTO on the table again! The idea that doing the PTO on the table is more painful than otherwise is one of the silliest things in Wrestling history.

Sick of segments like that which make no sense. Heath Slater coming out to do a country music performance? Ryback isn't happy with this.

Wtf are they at? They have a working relationship with James Storm, that moment would've been perfect for him in his home-state.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel like Raw's main focus should have been establishing Sheamus as a semi-credible champion; at the PPV, he was the butt of a New Day joke, lost his match and then won with a cash in on a guy who had fought two matches that night. So I was happy when the show starts off by showing he still has the allegiance with Rusev, and when Wade showed up too, I thought "Great; let them establish the European Trio as a new dominant heel group".

And then Roman Cena runs through our three (currently) top heels. The babyface, who we're supposed to see as the underdog fighting the authority, ran through the three lads with very little problem to close the show. :rolleyes: It would have done far, far more good for everyone involved if the show ended with Sheamus, Wade and Rusev standing over Reigns; the trio would have looked like a legit force, and Reigns would have got sympathy for the beat down, while putting questions into peoples minds about how he'd overcome these odds.

I don't know.....I just have zero interest in the top story right now. Special shout out to Reign's coming out grinning at the start of the show. Why do WWE always book their top faces to be gormless idiots who find constant screwjobs funny?

If it wasn't for the New Day, I think I'd have given up altogether. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lord TSC wrote: »

I don't know.....I just have zero interest in the top story right now. Special shout out to Reign's coming out grinning at the start of the show. Why do WWE always book their top faces to be gormless idiots who find constant screwjobs funny?

This should be psychology 101. He won his first title. It was robbed off him more or less.He should be angry and pissed off. He should also be showing the effects of the previous night and not be able to go through 3 guys who had a significantly smaller workload.

What reason do we have to get behind Reigns when the actions of last night make his title win very soon a foregone conclusion.

Idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gimmick wrote: »
    This should be psychology 101. He won his first title. It was robbed off him more or less.He should be angry and pissed off. He should also be showing the effects of the previous night and not be able to go through 3 guys who had a significantly smaller workload.

What reason do we have to get behind Reigns when the actions of last night make his title win very soon a foregone conclusion.

Idiotic.

Its the cena effect how many times has cena been screwed and hes come out and just laughed it off and now it seems to be all faces who do it.

Have reigns come out as a pi**ed off angry face who wants revenge on someone who stole the title on him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think its good that the Babyface didn't get a beat down and can stand up for himself. D Bryan got beat down all the time and it was boring. Authority beating down the Babyface happens a lot.

Reigns is meant to be a bad ass. He should be booked like one. Even more than he is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus the surprise element of wwe is gone. We all knw the winner of the rumble will be a returning superstar Brock/Cena or Byran. Reigns will get his Mania moment etc

Imagine if Rollins makes a quick recovery and comes back to win the rumble. The crowd reaction will be epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I just had to laugh when Reigns ended up having the face-off with Triple H - the semi-retired guy in his forties - whilst Sheamus is standing there on the sidelines like his sidekick. It was a perfect illustration of how Sheamus is a complete afterthought. I really hope it's not going to be Reigns vs HHH for the title at Mania. Please no.

I also agree on the criticism of Reigns smiling on his way out. That was just brainless.

I also thought the New Day segment sucked this week too. Couldn't find anything in the show that I liked. Very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus the surprise element of wwe is gone. We all knw the winner of the rumble will be a returning superstar Brock/Cena or Byran. Reigns will get his Mania moment etc

Imagine if Rollins makes a quick recovery and comes back to win the rumble. The crowd reaction will be epic
    Won't see Rollins until Summerslam, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I just had to laugh when Reigns ended up having the face-off with Triple H - the semi-retired guy in his forties - whilst Sheamus is standing there on the sidelines like his sidekick. It was a perfect illustration of how Sheamus is a complete afterthought. I really hope it's not going to be Reigns vs HHH for the title at Mania. Please no.

I also agree on the criticism of Reigns smiling on his way out. That was just brainless.

I also thought the New Day segment sucked this week too. Couldn't find anything in the show that I liked. Very poor.

I wouldnt mind seeing reigns vs hhh but with the title not involved but with the injuries that are happening and the rock not looking like being involved, i think theyll go this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

sky88 wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind seeing reigns vs hhh but with the title not involved but with the injuries that are happening and the rock not looking like being involved, i think theyll go this way

It looks like it is a replacement for Rollins as it seemed like they were building HHH vs Rollins for Mania. That match I could have enjoyed because I would have had a bit more doubt about the outcome. Reigns vs HHH doesn't interest me because I'm certain Reigns as the new golden boy will win and I don't see how it benefits Reigns in any way. I'd prefer Reigns vs Lesnar for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jesus the surprise element of wwe is gone. We all knw the winner of the rumble will be a returning superstar Brock/Cena or Byran.

As long as its Brock smashing through everybody to win the rumble, that'll do me nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Most generic promo ever from Reigns/Authority. Hiding behind Mrs. H. because you are scared, oh dear. :o Sheamus should have been made step in instead of H eye to eye with Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jesus i taught the opening part was diabolical but iv'e just got to the part of Del Rio and Zeb, this makes no sense to me, still no mention of where Del Rio was or why they are together now

Sheamus was a surprise. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty forgettable episode. I just go quickly through it these days. Stopped for Slater though, of course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think its good that the Babyface didn't get a beat down and can stand up for himself. D Bryan got beat down all the time and it was boring. Authority beating down the Babyface happens a lot.

Reigns is meant to be a bad ass. He should be booked like one. Even more than he is now.

I wouldn't advocate weekly beatdowns, but Sheamus and co. needed to look like a threat to Reigns, and they really didn't.

I agree with the badass statement. Personally, I would have had an angry Reigns storm the ring at the start of the show, cheap shot Sheamus, take a swing at HHH but miss. The Authority retreat up the ramp, Reigns demands his title shot tonight. They say no, but he can face Rusev. Have the main event then, end with Sheamus, Wade and Rusev beating down Reigns. In one show, you've developed sympathy for a badass Reigns and made Sheamus look like a decent roadblock.

Spend the next few weeks with Reigns hunting down Wade and Rusev, taking one out each week, so at TLC it's just him and Sheamus. Instead of just running through them in week one of the feud. One babyface should not dispatch three heels with that much ease in week one of a feud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Worst Raw of the year by a mile. The main event felt like something thrown together on Smackdown with the rest of the show looking like an episode of Main Event or Superstars. I seriously cannot believe they have Sheamus as the champion. Everyone said that would be the worst possible option for SvS and it's the one they went with. Are they actively trying to get the ratings to dip below 2.0? Putting the belt on someone no one cares about is insane - he doesn't even have heel heat, but 'go away' heat. If they needed a transitional champ why not Ambrose, Owens, a heel Jericho (that feud would actually help Reigns) or even HHH himself holding the belt for a for months considering he is the top heel anyway by default. Reports that HHH was pushing for a Reigns heel turn only for Vince to over rule him confirm that Vince has completelly lost the plot and needs to step down.

How on earth are they going to sell 100,000 tickets for Mania with a roster full of jobbers and no real main eventers who anyone cares about? Apart from Lesnar vs Reigns II and Cena vs Taker what else do they have that won't feel like a B PPV? They need to get a truck load of cash to get The Rock to wrestle, otherwise they are going to have a PR disaster of failing to sell half the tickets. Even last year with a fairly stacked card they only sold 67,000 of the 76,000 seats and that was in California.

Advertisement