Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ILL Owner -

• 24-11-2015 12:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭

So bad situation,my friend has been diagnosed with the big c,needs 6 months treatment obviously cant look after the dog,no family can either,Is there any pounds who will take the dog for a few months?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Gamebred wrote: »
    So bad situation,my friend has been diagnosed with the big c,needs 6 months treatment obviously cant look after the dog,no family can either,Is there any pounds who will take the dog for a few months?

cheers
    No no dog pound can take any dog for a few months. From your name do you by any chance have dogs yourself? Can you not take it? Sorry for your friend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

PucaMama wrote: »
    No no dog pound can take any dog for a few months. From your name do you by any chance have dogs yourself? Can you not take it? Sorry for your friend

I wouldnt have the time with work its a staff dog who lives outside,dog will be not given the attention for the next 6 months :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Gamebred wrote: »
    I wouldnt have the time with work its a staff dog who lives outside,dog will be not given the attention for the next 6 months :(

Could he pay someone to look after it? Often see people offering to mind dogs on gumtree maybe he could get one long term? I'd have it only I've a terrier here who instigates fights with every dog she can. Even the ones she lives with.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sorry to hear about your friend's illness. Would something like this https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/about be worth looking into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Try contacting local shelters and see if there are any foster homes who might be willing to help out until your friend can care for the dog again. I know they're all struggling with the amount of dogs in their care at the moment but it might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Can you give a bit more info? I might be able to help but I couldn't take the dog over Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Sorry about your friend's illness. From what I can gather each cancer treatment is pretty unique and seems to evolve on the fly as they get more information about the specifics of the case - does your friend actually have to leave their home for the 6 months? Do you think they could cope with having someone come in once or even twice a day to walk the dog? I kind of think it might be beneficial to your friend if they could manage to keep their pet close to them while they are going through their treatment if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

How close is the owner to the dog? As if they are close then having the dog at home during treatment could be beneficial as already said.
    Has a treatment plan been discussed already? A lot of chemo could be on an out patient basis.

Are there any local boarding kennels that the dog could be left in for a night here and there as required?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

I would contact a dog rescue in regard to finding a foster home for the 6 months.Not too keen about placing ads online or in local papers as there's no background check available there.I have a friend here in Galway who took in the dog of a hospitalised lady for a few months so it does happen.Good luck :)

Advertisement