Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

framer broke my mirror.... what do I do

Options
  • 24-11-2015 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi,

Firstly I should say that I haven't yet seen the mirror yet but I spoke with them briefly over the phone about this. Basically I'm looking to know what rights I have in a situation like this.
    The background is I left an antique engraved mirror which was already framed to a framer in early August to be reframed and was told it would take 2-3 weeks and they would call me when it was ready. About six weeks later I had heard nothing but happened to be in the area where they are based and dropped in. I seen my mirror sitting untouched and was told they would get to it asap. Last week I rang to see what the situation was and they said they know the mirror but were waiting on me to contact them to tell them what kind of frame I wanted. I said I had told them when I was there in early August and had paid a deposit for the work. They said they would dig out the docket and double check. They then rang me the following day to say that while they were removing the mirror from the original frame it had cracked right up the middle, they didn't say much else. There was a kind of silence, almost as if they wanted me to say something but I was assuming they would apologise and make an offer of compensation. So I left it by saying I would drop down to them this week to see the mirror and discuss it.
    Now I should say I have previously had items framed with this framer and never had a problem and found them to be very professional but this is a unique situation to me and I'm unsure of what my rights or entitlements are. The mirror is an antique and would be very difficult to replace.
    Any help and or advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭easygoing1982

ms34 wrote: »
    Any help and or advice would be very much appreciated.

go discuss with the framer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I just read this wrong, I was wondering why a farmer would have your mirror.. :o

In any case, Would they not be insured? I think this forum covers UK and Ireland - http://theframersforum.com/index.php

Advertisement