Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW14 Captain Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Feck it. Sanchez it is. He scores in spurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I'm on sky sports ff so I am going with Aguero Saturday because I think he is due a blowout and Sanchez on Sunday for the same reason.
    Was tempted by Vardy but I think he might have come to the end of his spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    I was the 3rd . voted during the second half :D

I was 17th.

I'm under absolutely no illusions as to how lost I was in who to captain this week ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Sanchez, do the biz please!

TacT wrote: »
    Sanchez, do the biz please!

Hope his injury is nothing to worry about, looking forward to listening to the howls of those that swapped him for Ozil. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FortySeven wrote:
    I'm on sky sports ff so I am going with Aguero Saturday because I think he is due a blowout and Sanchez on Sunday for the same reason. Was tempted by Vardy but I think he might have come to the end of his spectacular.

Going Aguero Sat, Kane Sunday myself...
    ... but bricking it that Sanchez will go nuts

Going Aguero Sat, Kane Sunday myself...
    ... but bricking it that Sanchez will go nuts

This has definitely been the hardest week so far for me. So many variables. I don't really like my Aguero decision but I feel he may just explode after the CL. Defeat is fresh in the mind but they are awful with Kompany missing IMO. A real danger of them going a goal down early on and not recovering.

I'm pretty sure Vardy will score, it seems to be written but I was very tempted to captain Mahrez on the basis that Utd will concentrate their defence on the man with the record to beat and miss the ever present threat from Mahrez.

Can't believe how tense I am, football as never been so interesting since I started this FF craic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

manual_man wrote: »
    Feck it. Sanchez it is. He scores in spurts

kenneth_williams2.jpg~c200

FortySeven wrote: »
    Hope his injury is nothing to worry about, looking forward to listening to the howls of those that swapped him for Ozil. ;)

They're all gone ozil crazy. Sanchez explosion overdue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This has definitely been the hardest week so far for me. So many variables. I don't really like my Aguero decision but I feel he may just explode after the CL. Defeat is fresh in the mind but they are awful with Kompany missing IMO. A real danger of them going a goal down early on and not recovering.

I'm pretty sure Vardy will score, it seems to be written but I was very tempted to captain Mahrez on the basis that Utd will concentrate their defence on the man with the record to beat and miss the ever present threat from Mahrez.

Can't believe how tense I am, football as never been so interesting since I started this FF craic. :)

That's really overthinking it:P
    Is it your first season? Can you name the regular back 4s from the entire league yet?? You love it now and you think you are enjoying football but that enjoyment is a thing of the past:o
    Welcome to the club (and the forum)

FortySeven wrote:

FortySeven wrote:

FortySeven wrote:
    Can't believe how tense I am, football as never been so interesting since I started this FF craic.

All valid points. Interesting view on Mahrez.

A lot of ppl of fpl are shipping vardy out which is madness in my book. He'll have to blank 2 weeks in a row before I even consider it.

All valid points. Interesting view on Mahrez.

A lot of ppl of fpl are shipping vardy out which is madness in my book. He'll have to blank 2 weeks in a row before I even consider it.

Yep, me too. There is a lot of quality in that Leicester squad, needs defence shoring up but I have been pleased to see Schlupp getting forward at pace. He looks good for a few assists in the future, with Mahrez and Vardy I think a lot of people are too quick to say it can't last, they have a strong midfield. A great playmaker and a great striker. Management isn't shabby either but he is a worry for the FF, he benched Mahrez when I had him captained a few weeks ago. Benched schlupp too.

Dark horses.IMO. I have Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy and Schlupp. Thinking of swapping out Drinkwater though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FortySeven wrote:
    Yep, me too. There is a lot of quality in that Leicester squad, needs defence shoring up but I have been pleased to see Schlupp getting forward at pace. He looks good for a few assists in the future, with Mahrez and Vardy I think a lot of people are too quick to say it can't last, they have a strong midfield. A great playmaker and a great striker. Management isn't shabby either but he is a worry for the FF, he benched Mahrez when I had him captained a few weeks ago. Benched schlupp too.

Dark horses.IMO. I have Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy and Schlupp. Thinking of swapping out Drinkwater though.

How do you have 4 Leicester players?

That's really overthinking it:P

Ha!You don't know the half of it!
    First season, yes. I'm on a mission to defeat a few who think they know it all at work. Going well so far in position 1.

Thanks for the welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »

indeed.....

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »

Work league is Sky Sports FF. Will be joining the PL next season, it looks much more fun.

spock. wrote:

km79 wrote:
    indeed.....

Sky sports version.

First season, yes. I'm on a mission to defeat a few who think they know it all at work. Going well so far in position 1.

Thanks for the welcome.

Fair play to you, everyone on here thinks they know it all though.;)
    If you're a newbie those work lads will be very confident of reeling you in.

You need to get into FPL alright.

Sanchez is dropping tonight ?????? all those lovely points on Sunday to come

3rd drop for BUIB :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

The thought of captaining Lukaku two weeks in a row is giving me the heebie jeebies.

jimmii wrote: »
    Sanchez. Rumour is he is going to smite the doubters with the full extent of his powers.

:D:D:D

Whatever way it goes there is gonna be some serious gloating on Sunday! I've had Sanchez for almost all of this season and sold him this week after several blanks. Knowing my luck, he'll score 16 points, Ozil will do nothing, and Aguero will fall over and hurt himself within the first 5 minutes.

I think this is gonna be a decisive gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

So I'm the only 1 here with the armband on giroud.... This could be making of breaking of me then. I guess if I do go giroud I'll want lukaku to do nothing even tho he's my vice

Whatever way it goes there is gonna be some serious gloating on Sunday! I've had Sanchez for almost all of this season and sold him this week after several blanks. Knowing my luck, he'll score 16 points, Ozil will do nothing, and Aguero will fall over and hurt himself within the first 5 minutes.

I think it is too
    I have 3 great options in lukaku kane and Sanchez
    I went with my gut last week and against the poll with Kane
    I'll do similar this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmmm i have all 3 but don't want Aguero getting injured,

Ace2007 wrote: »
    hmmm i have all 3 but don't want Aguero getting injured,

I'm perfectly fine with selling KdB for Sanchez, if it's warranted, but I'd rather avoid a twist of fate involving Sanchez going on a rampage the week I sell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Thanks for the welcome.

Ha, I am in the same boat. Guys who have played a number of years and think they know everything. But they never discovered this forum!!

I sent them a photo of me in a football manager's sheepskin coat and asked them if they needed advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I might actually go with Aguero, playing at home is a big plus - there has only being one home game that he's got nothing from this season, goals, or assists in the others.

In the last 6 home games, bournemouth have only once conceded more than 1 goal (that was v spurs, where they conceded 5).

Edit to add: i also tend to have rule that i prefer to captain a player whose game is live on TV, and just saw that the City game is live... i think that's a sign.

Jaggo wrote: »
    Ha, I am in the same boat. Guys who have played a number of years and think they know everything. But they never discovered this forum!!

I sent them a photo of me in a football manager's sheepskin coat and asked them if they needed advice.

Ha ha! I wish I'd thought of that! Brilliant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I might actually go with Aguero, playing at home is a big plus - there has only being one home game that he's got nothing from this season, goals, or assists in the others.

In the last 6 home games, bournemouth have only once conceded more than 1 goal (that was v spurs, where they conceded 5).

Edit to add: i also tend to have rule that i prefer to captain a player whose game is live on TV, and just saw that the City game is live... i think that's a sign.

Besides Leicester and Spurs, the teams they've played at home aren't exactly titans of attack (Villa, Sunderland, Watford, Newcastle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have Sanchez Aguero and Lukaku in my team!

Went with Sanchez last week ... Lukaku exploded

Leaving it on Sanchez because of his midweek exploits!

* the only captain score (bar the 2pts for playing 60mins) that Ive scored this season was Aguero's 25 point haul!

km79 wrote: »
    I think it is too
    I have 3 great options in lukaku kane and Sanchez
    I went with my gut last week and against the poll with Kane
    I'll do similar this week

It's a pick' n'mix here, Sanchez, Lukaku, Kane and aguero all in my squad. I've probably pulled the trigger too soon on Aguero but it's my first season of desperation that has been a complete catastrophe so I'll gambool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thinking of sticking with Ozil or maybe go with Aguero. Can't decide. Southampton are pretty solid defensively for the most part so can't see Aguero going on a rampage against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Sanchez time :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Tekkers is getting the armband

Tekkers is getting the armband

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Silva will be playing this weekend, going with Aguero now!

siblers wrote: »
    Silva will be playing this weekend, going with Aguero now!

Well hunky me dory! That is great news. Here's hoping they can hold firm in the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Lanzini is tempting me. Can see West Ham running over West Brom after the hammering they got last time out. He's looking like the main man too now Payet is out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Am I mad putting Firminho as captain? Need a differential and Swansea are porous.Have the likes of Kane,Lukaku as options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

All aboard the Lukaku train this week.

zerks wrote: »
    Am I mad putting Firminho as captain? Need a differential and Swansea are porous.Have the likes of Kane,Lukaku as options.

Only one way to find out!

would love to go Coutinho captain, just so worried he'll start on the bench and come on for the last 10 or 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I voted Sanchez but still have the armband on vardy.

I'm so conflicted

Rikand wrote: »
    I voted Sanchez but still have the armband on vardy.

I'm so conflicted

I'm very tempted to leave Vardy on the bench, I don't think he's a captaincy option this week.

• Advertisement

I'm very tempted to leave Vardy on the bench, I don't think he's a captaincy option this week.

I'd say there is noone more determined to score than that slippery fella today. I'd say he has a good chance of doing it but I didn't risk the captaincy, benching him would be too much of a gamble imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I have it with Lukaku, but I'm still weighing up the possibility of switching it to Kane. Only thing stopping me is the fact spurs had a long journey midweek and the short recovery time.

Then there is Sanchez or Özil or Aguero. So many options but no doubt I will choose the wrong one yet again like almost every time this season.

I'd say there is noone more determined to score than that slippery fella today. I'd say he has a good chance of doing it but I didn't risk the captaincy, benching him would be too much of a gamble imo.

I'll probably leave one of Vardy and Mahrez out, I don't see Leicester scoring more than one, I'll prob start Vardy as he will take a penalty if he hasn't already scored, nothing decided yet though, Ighalo and Kolorav are other options, I already have Zouma on the bench and that was a tough call, no way I wont regret my decision this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Ighalo is a definite option. Watford have a decent away record and Villa are muck plus they're not a rough bottom team. He'll have chances thats for sure I think. I'm still on Sanchez but I'm thinking I might regret not giving Ighalo a go against the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aguero :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement