Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW14 Captain Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Big Rom has had far more rest than Sanchez and Aguero and up against an awful defense, it makes the most sense....... right?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Will Sanchez last 90mins.??.he is still on yellow flag..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I have slight worries over Aguero and Sanchez starting and I have Deulofeu so I think captaining Lukaku may leave me overinvested to Evertons attack so Kane is a defaulted captain choice for me this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Had it on Ozil all week. Just switched to Lukaku. Might switch back. Conflicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I don't like late deadlines. They make me anxious! Though much time to change my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Went with Sanchez (c), Lukaku vice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

bottled it in the end and played safe with Lukaku, just too much risk of Cout coming on off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Stuck with Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sanchez.

Don't own Lukaku. Hope Deulofeu steals glory and points from him today :p...
    Got Agüero in as part of a -8 but went for Sanchez following FHFC "regression to the mean theory" ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Changed to giroud last minute from Lukaku. Hope the punt pays off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Sanchez.

Don't own Lukaku. Hope Deulofeu steals glory and points from him today :p...
    Got Agüero in as part of a -8 but went for Sanchez following FHFC "regression to the mean theory" ;).

You're the second person quoting me on that in the last few minutes. No pressure! :eek:

Last time I spouted regression to the mean stats it was about Aguero before Newcastle so here's hoping. Otherwise I'll have to lay low for a while!

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Changed to giroud last minute from Lukaku. Hope the punt pays off.

Read that 3rd last word with a 'c' rather than a 'p' at first glance!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rotated between Sanchez and Vardy, right up to the whistle.

Finished on Sanchez.

Let it be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

FHFC wrote: »
    You're the second person quoting me on that in the last few minutes. No pressure! :eek:

Last time I spouted regression to the mean stats it was about Aguero before Newcastle so here's hoping. Otherwise I'll have to lay low for a while!

Studied the central limit theorem last week and have further belief in your regression to the mean analysis for Sanchez! Only thing is is that a player's form doesn't remain constant over seasons, throwing a dice over a few years will give you the mean outcome however. Whether Sanchez was just in immense form last year or whether it was his actual potential remains a bit unknown still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Studied the central limit theorem last week and have further belief in your regression to the mean analysis for Sanchez! Only thing is is that a player's form doesn't remain constant over seasons, throwing a dice over a few years will give you the mean outcome however. Whether Sanchez was just in immense form last year or whether it was his actual potential remains a bit unknown still!

Yeah this is always in my mind when regression to the mean is thrown around

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

http://www.bullshift.net/data/images/2013/11/1384116216293.gif

Yeah was more applicable in the Aguero case. Especially as his underlying stats for last season and this were almost identical apart from the goals!

Sanchez does have a good record pre Arsenal though and has shown to be a quality player. 8 goals in 5 games earlier this season wasnt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Bloody hell! I was told I was overthinking things when suggesting Mahrez was more likely to score as Man us defence concentrated on the threat of Vardy.:eek:

Seems there is more competition in the critical thinking dept. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

*googles central limit theorem*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah was more applicable in the Aguero case. Especially as his underlying stats for last season and this were almost identical apart from the goals!

Sanchez does have a good record pre Arsenal though and has shown to be a quality player. 8 goals in 5 games earlier this season wasnt it.

Yeah I think I saw 65 goals in 130-odd games thrown around a week ago, which is still a very good record! It definitely is a lot more reliable for Aguero's case, especially being in the bp so long and only around 27 years old. Being an Arsenal fan, I would still hope and expect Sanchez to have a very good season again, maybe not quite as good as last season, and especially not his first 18 games of the premier league.

Advertisement