Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making good impression at a viewing

Options
  • 24-11-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I am attending a viewing of an apartment tonight . I applied for the vacancy on daft and have now been invited to view the apartment this evening . I highly doubt I'm the only one viewing the vacancy so I'm looking for advice on how to make a good impression on potential housemates.

What questions can I ask to seem interested but not seem like I'm difficult to please?

Should I be more professional than relaxed,I.e. making jokes?

I haven't viewed a vacacy since college so all help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Just be yourself. You can't guess what personality types the housemates will have. If you try to put on airs and graces you won't impress a bunch of messers and if you try to be relaxed and funny you won't impress an uptight bunch.

Do you want to live with people you have to put on a front for?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Put on your bloodiest apron and bring an axe.

They'll scream with excitement when they see you coming!

Background Deliverance music helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Is it a flat share or will you be renting as the sole occupant?

Or rather, are you viewing an empty apartment with landlord/letting agent or will you be meeting your potential new room mate(s)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Put on your bloodiest apron and bring an axe.

They'll scream with excitement when they see you coming!

Background Deliverance music helps.

Please remember which forum you are posting on, constructive replies are expected in A&P. Thanks

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

How did it go OP ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement