Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodged cheques in self lodge machine

Options
  • 24-11-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi There

I lodged 2 Cheques to my account on Saturday using the self lodge machine.
    They were both lodged about 3 hours apart.Both cheques were not written to my name,but to BOI directly and I forgot to put my account details on the back before lodging.
    My question is,the term loan one has cleared but am still waiting for the second one to clear and thought it would have by now.Is there any reason for a delay and who should I contact about this?

Thank You

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Cheques can take up to 5 working days to fully clear so you were lucky the first cleared by now.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

howyanow wrote: »
    Hi There

I lodged 2 Cheques to my account on Saturday using the self lodge machine.
    They were both lodged about 3 hours apart.Both cheques were not written to my name,but to BOI directly and I forgot to put my account details on the back before lodging.
    My question is,the term loan one has cleared but am still waiting for the second one to clear and thought it would have by now.Is there any reason for a delay and who should I contact about this?

Thank You
    Hi howyanow, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

As mattaiuseire mentions, it can take up to five full working days for a non Bank of Ireland domestic cheque to clear on your account. As you lodged this on Saturday, this should clear by next Monday at the latest. A Bank of Ireland cheque can take up to three working days to clear on your account. On 365 Online the Available Funds in your Current account will be displayed on the 365 Home page.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Hi howyanow, 

As mattaiuseire mentions, it can take up to five full working days for a non Bank of Ireland domestic cheque to clear on your account. As you lodged this on Saturday, this should clear by next Monday at the latest. A Bank of Ireland cheque can take up to three working days to clear on your account. On 365 Online the Available Funds in your Current account will be displayed on the 365 Home page.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah.

I just got worried when one cheque had cleared and the other had not.
    All the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

howyanow wrote: »
    Hi howyanow, 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah.

I just got worried when one cheque had cleared and the other had not.
    All the best
    You're more than welcome, we're happy to help. 

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

You're more than welcome, we're happy to help. 

Sarah

Hi Sarah

I am still waiting for this cheque to clear and am beginning to think that there must be a problem with this.
    Could you please let me know who I should contact to find out what is happening?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi, 

Sorry to hear you do not have access to your funds, please call BOI Direct on 0818365365, select option 1 followed by the * button. A rep will be happy to investigate this further.

Many Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement