Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caroline Bourke Make Up Masterclass Course

Options
  • 24-11-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Ladies

Does any of you have any experience with Caroline Bourke Make Up Masterclass Course? I saw a deal on Dealrush and I am thinking of buying it but couldn't find any reviews online.

Many thanks

Natali

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

I seen the deal. I think the main thing you need to wonder is the amount in the class. Im going to buy one anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

If any good why would it be on a deal site?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭natali1982

I am also concerned that this will be one big (make up) sale even for which I have to pay 19 eur :(:( But maybe I am wrong and this is why I'd like to hear from somebody who attended before.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I attended one earlier in the year out in Newlands Cross. There were about 50+ people there.

There was a lot of time spent talking about the products she used and how we should be using this or that product (all expensive brands). Then she did a couple of demos. I was sat on the end of an aisle near the back so I couldn't really see anything. At no point did we put any make up on ourselves. It was all listening and watching for 3 hours.

I did pick up a few tips but was a waste of time and money really. It seemed like the presenter was not really interested in anyone there and only interested in telling us to use expensive products (Laura Mercier, Dior and others like them) and looking down her nose at any cheaper products people had brought along. We were told to bring our make up but at no point did we use it. There was something about her I just couldn't take to. She does get some good reviews on FB though so maybe its just me.

I got much better value out of a 3 hour class at MKF in Dame St where we actually got to apply on ourselves in a studio with a much smaller class. This was also a Groupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Prettyinpink23

I completed Caroline's 6 week make up course in Galway 2018 and was very disappointed. I posted the following comment to Caroline's facebook page which she has since 'disappeared':

Caroline is a very talented make-up artist but I was disappointed with the 6 week course held in Galway. There was a lot of demonstrations and recommendations on what products to purchase but very little time for practising the looks or skills. It's an expensive course in comparison with others on the market.

Caroline Bourke Makeup & Styling: Disapointed to hear you were not happy with course when I went out of my way to bring you in before class as you could not make few classes and you could not finish like the rest of lovely students for last class . I have tried to accommodate you the best I can. You did not follow through your classes I feel you can't write a review like this when is not true but this is your review but not taking this on board as this is not true what you say about me and my business

Heather Ní Chuana: Just to clarify, I attended four out of six classes. Two were re-scheduled due to bad weather. I asked for a refund after the second night and was refused. I did arrive earlier but there were other students present too so I am unsure what I missed out on. It would be beneficial for students to know the looks/aims for each week with adequate time and products for practising.
    There are positives to doing the 6 week course, I liked that recommendations for products to suit every budget were suggested and I have purchased many of them. Each student received a brush set on the first night.
    I don’t appreciate being called difficult sharing my opinion is something I am entitled to do I just feel the 6 week course is overpriced.

I find it very strange that my review 'disappeared' from her page. I can see the other students positive comments from the course and I would have liked my review to have given a more rounded perspective to students. I have lost all faith in facebook reviews now as it's clear a business can hide/delete what they wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Prettyinpink23

Caroline is a very talented make-up artist but I was disappointed with the 6 week course held in Galway. There was a lot of demonstrations and recommendations on what products to purchase but very little time for practising the looks or skills. It's an expensive course in comparison with others on the market.

Caroline Bourke Makeup & Styling: Disapointed to hear you were not happy with course when I went out of my way to bring you in before class as you could not make few classes and you could not finish like the rest of lovely students for last class . I have tried to accommodate you the best I can. You did not follow through your classes I feel you can't write a review like this when is not true but this is your review but not taking this on board as this is not true what you say about me and my business

Heather Ní Chuana: Just to clarify, I attended four out of six classes. Two were re-scheduled due to bad weather. I asked for a refund after the second night and was refused. I did arrive earlier but there were other students present too so I am unsure what I missed out on. It would be beneficial for students to know the looks/aims for each week with adequate time and products for practising.
    There are positives to doing the 6 week course, I liked that recommendations for products to suit every budget were suggested and I have purchased many of them. Each student received a brush set on the first night.
    I don’t appreciate being called difficult sharing my opinion is something I am entitled to do I just feel the 6 week course is overpriced.

Advertisement