Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I stop you changing me over to eStatments?

Options
  • 24-11-2015 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

tbh I'm welled p!ssed off that BoI is changing me over to eStatments. Is there anyway I can stop BoI from forcing this change on me?

It was bad enough when you tried to trick customers into changing by including an already ticked box requesting a change to eStatments as part of the 365online login procedure but now I have a leaflet with the posted paper statement telling me that its happening anyway. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

my3cents wrote: »
    tbh I'm welled p!ssed off that BoI is changing me over to eStatments. Is there anyway I can stop BoI from forcing this change on me?

It was bad enough when you tried to trick customers into changing by including an already ticked box requesting a change to eStatments as part of the 365online login procedure but now I have a leaflet with the posted paper statement telling me that its happening anyway. 
    Hi my3cents,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

After the switch to eStatements is made, if you wish to switch back to paper statements you can do so by going to Manage Accounts and then Manage Statements and select the account you’d like to receive paper statements for.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

An eStatement is identical to a posted hard copy statement in every way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

I know but I don't want an eStatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Obviously it's your prerogative but humour me, why do you want snail mail and paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Obviously it's your prerogative but humour me, why do you want snail mail and paper?
    Because I don't have to have an electronic device to read a paper statement, neither do I need a printer if I need a hard copy.

Snail mail as you wish to call it is a non issue as the statements always reach me in plenty of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Bubbaclaus: An eStatement is identical to a posted hard copy statement in every way.
    estatements are not always enough and an original is often required in many cases unfortunately.

Advertisement