Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees, new order

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for all the help in getting me setup, eir technician came out this morning and set everything up for me.
    At the moment I'm getting around 7-8meg speeds, I talked to him about the fiber and he told me that I should 100% be able to get efibre, he said my current connection is to the standard broadband in mounthawk and its a simple matter of switching me over to efibre. Again thanks for all your help and could you look into the fiber situation for me if you get a chance.

Regards
    Sean
    Delighted to hear this Icyseanfitz

I'll look in to this further and get back to you within 24hrs

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

again thanks Alan 

What i took From what the technician said is that I'm connected to the mounthawk exchange which is right but instead of being on the fiber cabinet I'm on the ngb one with is 1.5km away as opposed to the fibre cab 500m away, this was an eir technician as well not a kn one so he knew his stuff, and I triple checked with him to see if this place is able for fibre

Quick question Alan, do I have a landline number now?

Hi Sean,

No you don't have a new number as it's standalone broadband - if you are asked to enter your land line number anywhere (like online my eir) you have a unique code : 8883-4368740

I'm still awaiting clarification on the fibre and ill get back to you as soon as I have more news

Thanks

Al

any update on getting fibre Alan? im pretty sure im connected to a ngb exchange and not an efibre as i was set-up as ngb and received the ngb modem and not the efibre  

• Advertisement

any update on getting fibre Alan? im pretty sure im connected to a ngb exchange and not an efibre as i was set-up as ngb and received the ngb modem and not the efibre  
    Hi Icyseanfitz

Cheers for taking my call - keep in touch and wishing you a very happy Christmas :)
    Al

Thanks for the call Alan, happy Christmas

Thanks for the call Alan, happy Christmas
    Cheers Icyseanfitz :)

hope you had a nice Christmas Alan, 

unfortunately im not coming back with good news as usual, i got my bill for december today and it was 66 euro as opposed to the 45 euro i was told, pretty annoying considering im only really connected since the 16th so not even a month yet. Also the 50 euro that was to be credited to my account never happened. 

hope you had a nice Christmas Alan, 

unfortunately im not coming back with good news as usual, i got my bill for december today and it was 66 euro as opposed to the 45 euro i was told, pretty annoying considering im only really connected since the 16th so not even a month yet. Also the 50 euro that was to be credited to my account never happened. 
    Sorry to hear this Icyseanfitz

I will sort this out for you- please leave this with me and I will be back to you later this afternoon

Cheers
    AL

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan

Thanks Alan
    Cheers fort taking my call Icyseanfitz

AL

thanks for the call Alan, Quick question will I get credited to my eir account or my bank account? 

thanks for the call Alan, Quick question will I get credited to my eir account or my bank account? 
    No problem Sean

You will get credit to your eir account

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement