Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees, new order

Options
  • 24-11-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just put a new order in last week for broadband+phone, I moved house this week to my new rental address and I noticed that the overhead phone line is going through a few branches from trees at the side of the road! The engineer is coming tomorrow to install my bradband an all I can see happening is being told he'll be back later to finish the job (and bang two months later i have broadband) either that or I'll be told to cut the trees down myself even though there not on the property.

I cant be waiting/paying weeks and weeks for broadband as I need it for work and college, what normally happens with tree branches? 

Regards
    Sean fitzmaurice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi,

I just put a new order in last week for broadband+phone, I moved house this week to my new rental address and I noticed that the overhead phone line is going through a few branches from trees at the side of the road! The engineer is coming tomorrow to install my bradband an all I can see happening is being told he'll be back later to finish the job (and bang two months later i have broadband) either that or I'll be told to cut the trees down myself even though there not on the property.

I cant be waiting/paying weeks and weeks for broadband as I need it for work and college, what normally happens with tree branches? 

Regards
    Sean fitzmaurice
    Hi Sean

If the performance of your line or broadband is affected you can report this to eir technical support who will escalate to engineers to asses and resolve. I'm afraid nothing can be done for now until a fault is identified - ultimately service must firstly be in place to see if it affected and to report a fault.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Well the technician came Wednesday, nothing said about trees, but my account was set up to the wrong exchange! So I had to ring eircom back and cancel my account in order to set up a new account to the right exchange in 48 hours (today). Rang ye today only to be told that my old account hasn't been cancelled yet and probably won't be until Monday. Is there any hope of having internet before Christmas? 

Hi sean,

I have tried calling you on this recently, please PM me a good time to reach you at.

Thanks
    Al

Sorry Alan, was that you just ringing? I was actually talking to a girl called Ashely in loyalty at the time! Account still hasn't even been cancelled so I'm left in complete limbo as to whats going on or when anything will be done! Everyone keeps saying oh I takes 24-48 hours yet its been 3 and a half working days since I cancelled.
     This is exactly what I knew was going to happen when I signed up so I suppose I'm the bigger idiot

I'm able to take a call anytime today

Sorry Alan, was that you just ringing? I was actually talking to a girl called Ashely in loyalty at the time! Account still hasn't even been cancelled so I'm left in complete limbo as to whats going on or when anything will be done! Everyone keeps saying oh I takes 24-48 hours yet its been 3 and a half working days since I cancelled.
     This is exactly what I knew was going to happen when I signed up so I suppose I'm the bigger idiot

I'm able to take a call anytime today
    Hi Icyseanfitz

I have arranged a different way of cancelling the order but that has resulted in your details being taken off - can you PM me your mobile number and I'll call to explain further.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks for the call Alan, I'll ring in tomorrow

Thanks for the call Alan, I'll ring in tomorrow
    No problem at all Icyseanfitz

Happy to help so let me know when the new order is in :)

Al

Thanks for getting my cancelation through quick Alan, 
    got a text from eir this evening so I rang back and my old account has been canceled. So I've set up a new one only to be told my house is only able to get speeds of up to 24mb (ngb) even though the last time I was told this property is efibre enabled and I should be getting speeds of up to 90mb, even eirs online checker tells me this! So after I set up my ngb account I rang the technician from last Wednesday to ask him if my exchange and cabinet are efibre enabled (mounthawk exchange Tralee, cab 52) and he told me it is and he just set up a house next to me for it. What is going on! On top of all that I've no solid date for a technician visit other than "probably next Monday but I can't promise" from eir sales, and the technician can't give me a date until he hears from eir!
    I don't know what's going on. Im not paying 45 a month for sub 24mb speeds so I'm hoping this is just a misunderstanding or I'll be availing of the 14 days of grace
    Again Alan any help here would be fantastic

Sean

wait eirs online checker has changed since i last used it, apparently i am not able to receive fibre now.......even though i am half a km away from an efibre enabled cabinet (check the attached image), the technician did spend around two hours here last Wednesday "bringing a line from the exchange" whatever that means as i have no idea anymore! 
    so sick of this crap 

i know this isn't your or any of the service teams fault Alan but my god this whole situation is getting pretty infuriating! there's no reason this address shouldn't have fibre 

• Advertisement

i know this isn't your or any of the service teams fault Alan but my god this whole situation is getting pretty infuriating! there's no reason this address shouldn't have fibre 
    Hi Icyseanfitz

Since yesterday you have posted 6 times in relation to this over both sites and yesterday I had called you to advise waiting until today to re-order. I see you have posted to the eir community forum - I will have this looked in to and get back to you soon on the eir community forum.

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Icyseanfitz

Since yesterday you have posted 6 times in relation to this over both sites and yesterday I had called you to advise waiting until today to re-order. I see you have posted to the eir community forum - I will have this looked in to and get back to you soon on the eir community forum.

Al
    I believe I have been patient enough with your company! Ye are offering a service and I deserve to be treated like a paying customer and not an idiot! Ive been told so many different things by different parts of eir over the last couple of weeks, yes I posted a lot yesterday, but persistence seems to be the the only way to get anything done with the likes of eir! 
    And FYI Alan, the only reason I rang eir yesterday evening and not today as you suggested was because eir attempted to contact me! I received a text from them so I rang back to see what new issue I faced only to find out that my account was gone

You're right Icyseanfitz - you do deserve to be treated better than this and it's unfortunate technical issues have occurred. I would just like to assure you that you are not being charged and won't be until it's installed.

I will get back to you as soon as I have more news on this.

Thanks
    Al

I didn't realize you ran both the community forums and here Alan which is why I duplicated the whole thing, thinking if I've more people the quicker it would get sorted! I apologize if this has caused problems for you.
    There's no need to respond to both, just use boards please

Sean

I didn't realize you ran both the community forums and here Alan which is why I duplicated the whole thing, thinking if I've more people the quicker it would get sorted! I apologize if this has caused problems for you.
    There's no need to respond to both, just use boards please

Sean
    Hi Icyseanfitz

Would you have time to take a call from me? Anytime before 4.30pm if that suits?

Al

Sorry Alan just saw this now

I'm free tomorrow from 12-2 Alan, I'd appreciate a call just so I know what's going on. 

I'm free tomorrow from 12-2 Alan, I'd appreciate a call just so I know what's going on. 
    No problem Icyseanfitz

I'll call at 12.30

Al

Thanks for the call Alan! This is certainly my address anyway haha, comes straight up on Google maps

Any news Alan?

• Advertisement

Hey Alan, got a text this evening with reference number, haven't called eir or talked to any other representative, any idea what's happening

Anything?

Bump

Just received a modem by courier today, don't know what good that will do considering the technician who came 3 weeks ago took my connection apart, and it certainly isn't an efibre modem which is annoying! I was sort of told the technician was meant to call yesterday (but she couldn't promise...) But no sign of him/her. Funnily enough a letter also came with my bank details, ye definitely managed to get them right!!

You told me to only contact eir through yourself Alan but the days are passing and I'm getting more and more annoyed at this shody service

Also My smartphone has started getting pretty good 4g as well (10-20megs) and with 3's unlimited data I'll have no reason to keep the service ye are offering unless it is fiber enabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Icyseanfitz, 

I'm very sorry for the long delays in coming back to you. Al has been out, I've sent this onto him to him to come back to you on it as soon as possible. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Bump

Any news

An entire week of hearing nothing, fantastic

Thanks for taking my call Icyseanfitz

Cheers

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, thanks for all the help in getting me setup, eir technician came out this morning and set everything up for me.
    At the moment I'm getting around 7-8meg speeds, I talked to him about the fiber and he told me that I should 100% be able to get efibre, he said my current connection is to the standard broadband in mounthawk and its a simple matter of switching me over to efibre. Again thanks for all your help and could you look into the fiber situation for me if you get a chance.

Regards
    Sean

Advertisement