Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campag Athena now using 'Shimano spec' pads

Options
  • 24-11-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭

Bit of a head scratcher this one. I have 2015 Athena11 on one of the bikes, brake pads are worn so I ordered up standard Campag11 replacements, as I have done many times before for another bike with 2013 Chorus11. When I went to replace the pads on the Athena bike last night I noticed that the pad carriers were not the Campag 'no tool' style but the pad was held in the carrier by a small retaining screw - as had been the case with previous Shimano & Sram bikes that I've had. I dropped the company that built the bike a mail this morning to be told that there's no mistake, they didn't inadvertently fit Shimano carriers, and that Campag have changed their standard.

Has this always been the way with lower Campag groupsets? I see on their website that the 2015 Chorus is still using the same pad retaining system as the older Chorus but you'll see the Shimano spec carrier on the Athena page. The Campag pads that I have won't fit the Athena carriers but I had two older Shimano fit pads with life left in them that fit straight in no problem.

Athena vs Chorus

So if you're ordering new pads no longer is asking for Campag fit enough.
    Tagged:

Advertisement