Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Clubs/Groups in Greystones

Options
  • 24-11-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all, I have recently moved to Greystones and am interested in joining a running club or some kind of running group. I have just been training on my own for the last number of years and would like to finally join something! I've completed 2 marathons and numerous half marathons but am enjoying just running and not training for anything at the moment so am not looking to join anything too competitive but still open to taking part in upcoming races etc. Anyway just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I have looked through various forums but all the posts seem to be pretty old!
    Appreciate any advice/info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Delgany Running/Fitness club meets at Shoreline Greystones

Find them on facebook

https://m.facebook.com/DelganyRunningFitnessClub/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Kilcoole AC train on Mondays and Wednesday, lots of info on the website and we are a friendly bunch! :-)

Usually meeting at charlesland track or shoreline pool. During the summer we do a bit of trail running!

http://kilcooleac.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I joined Kilcoole AC a few months ago and I can highly recommended it. They have groups to suit all levels, you should come along to one of the Monday or Wednesday night sessions to give it a try.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I joined Kilcoole AC a few months ago and I can highly recommended it. They have groups to suit all levels, you should come along to one of the Monday or Wednesday night sessions to give it a try.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 21 carmendub

Thanks everyone, will look into them if I can get motivated in this cold cold weather!Will look into Kilcoole AC-just wasn't sure if you could join at any time or if you had to wait until the new season started but will suss it out anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

carmendub wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, will look into them if I can get motivated in this cold cold weather!Will look into Kilcoole AC-just wasn't sure if you could join at any time or if you had to wait until the new season started but will suss it out anyway!

Don't overthink it :) Kilcoole AC meet at 7pm at Shoreline car park tonight for a road run, as I said there will be different groups running at a pace to suit all. People often come along on a trial basis to see if they like it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 carmendub

Ok,cant go tonight but might try it next week and see how I go!

Advertisement