Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bean to Cup Machines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I'll go for the cheapest one , they are all the same.
    I've spent a bit of a time playing with Delonghi esam 4200,
    I have Delonghi Ecam 22.110 at home
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delonghi-ECAM22-110-B-Automatic-Coffee-Machine/dp/B00400OMU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448384681&sr=8-1&keywords=delonghi+ecam+22110
    Friend of mine got
    DeLonghi ECAM44.660
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-ECAM44-660-B-Eletta-Coffee-Machine/dp/B00I6E7CWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448384982&sr=8-1&keywords=De%27Longhi+ECAM44.660
    Long story short : none of them can produce decent espresso shot , some of them got extra features ,some better looking than another one, but in a terms of espresso shot quality they are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Hi, would this machine be superior? Costs approx €320 including shipping.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00400OMU0?keywords=bean%20to%20cup&qid=1448539293&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

Hi, as I've said before, have this model at home, bought a year ago.
    You won't get barista quality espresso shot of this machine .
    I was able to set amount of coffee to 14-18 gm, adjust grinder setting and set cup size to 55 ml, got shot extraction in 20-30 sec.....No, no good..
    don't worry though, Delonghi machine for €1000 gives you no better result too :)
    ps . Couple months ago got Rancilio Silvia machine - this one outperform Delonghis by miles ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Be carefully when buying online, I bought a gaggia bean to cup a few years back, and it gave trouble after about two years, and I could not get anyone to fix it, ie no support for repairing that machine in Ireland. Made it uneconomic to repair.

This is not saying anything about the brand, or reliability...stuff breaks, but it's important to know that if and when it goes wrong, you have a way of getting it sorted.

I could not get anyone to fix it, ie no support for repairing that machine in Ireland. Made it uneconomic to repair.

What happened to it ?
    Brewing unit, grinder , pump fail ?
    To be honest , in two year's time you are not entitle for warranty repair anyway. So options are limited: fix it yourself ( might be very simple , get some part at eBay )or just bin it.

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    What happened to it ?
    Brewing unit, grinder , pump fail ?
    To be honest , in two year's time you are not entitle for warranty repair anyway. So options are limited: fix it yourself ( might be very simple , get some part at eBay )or just bin it.

I wasn't referring to repair under warranty, just a repair. The problem was I couldn't get anyone to repair it in the country, which escalated the repair costs beyond what would be reasonable.

I recall I spent about 400 Euro on it, so I would expect to get a longer life out of a piece of equipment that cost that much money.

Again, the issue is and just for the op, in my opinion, if you are buying soneothing of this level of value from an online retailer, check to see if there is a repair centre in Ireland that will look at it for you.

alec76 wrote: »

Yep,

Even dropped the machine into them by hand (I live in cork ). As I walked in the door and they saw the machine, they said that they did bit repair that model.

Another crowd in harolds cross said they stopped repairing them as the parts were too expensive.

Did a fair bit of searching, including asking in here, and believe me, could not get anyone here to repair it.

Binned the machine in the end and bought Another model.

I guess , it is like everything else in these days : parts and labor cost too much to repair .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Hi, guys just to follow up picked up a ESAM3000, delighted with how it is going so far. Thanks for all your input.

• Advertisement
Advertisement