Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GetPrivate

Options
  • 24-11-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

I keep getting this programme on my chrome browser and even got it on internet explorer somehow.
    I can really see a slowed down performance on my browsing.
    I have tried nearly everything, ran a Microsoft security essentials check up, and it was all clear.
    I event uninstalled chrome, but no luck.
    I also uninstalled recent installed programmes on control panel, but no luck.
    What else can I do, its so annoying.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller, run a Malwarebytes Scan, followed by an ADWCleaner Scan, and finally a CCleaner check. See if that does anything when they're all done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller, run a Malwarebytes Scan, followed by an ADWCleaner Scan, and finally a CCleaner check. See if that does anything when they're all done

How am I supposed to uninstall it, if I can't find it in my installed programmes, is not there.
    Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have a look with Revo, it's a standalone program. If it's not listed, skip that step

Have a look with Revo, it's a standalone program. If it's not listed, skip that step

thank you so much, I had used adware programme, removed it.
    At the start, after resetting, google chrome would not let me connect as it had something to do with ''cannot connect to proxy server''
    so I deselected that option.
    Now works.
    Lifesaver:D

Came back again. Do you think it camr back because I only used AdW cleaner amd not tje other 2 programmes ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does it happen on any other machines in the house? Or is it just the one?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Have you tried taking your pants off?

As of yet I removed it. Used the programme again and installed ccleaner. I havnt used ccleaner yet. I am afraid it will delete files that I actually need.
    I only have 1 machine in the house.
    Maybe if i restore system back to 3 weels ago if it comes up again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭perry123

As of yet I removed it. Used the programme again and installed ccleaner. I havnt used ccleaner yet. I am afraid it will delete files that I actually need.
    I only have 1 machine in the house.
    Maybe if i restore system back to 3 weels ago if it comes up again?

google "remove ads by gepprivate malware tips" without quotes

GetPrivate is a vpn getprivate dot net. Not sure is there also a browser extension which is bundled with a 'free' program

Do you have an anti virus?. If you download free stuff google it and scan it. google "getprivate adware" without quotes

Advertisement