Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Installation In Cork?

Options
  • 24-11-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I recently picked up a secondhand '04 Golf, and I need a new radio. The CD player is broken and it's very basic. I'm looking for something with Bluetooth/aux port etc. I'm wondering is there is any place in Cork that sells and installs radios or just does installation.
    I'm based in Douglas, any place within about 40 minutes is fine. (Closer preferably)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Halfords

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

If its a slot-in radio (DIN standard) you should be able to buy a replacement and just slide it in yourself. If the current one is difficult to get out (they sometimes come with extractor keys which can go missing) then somewhere like KC Systems will install for you.

It might be worth looking on Donedeal for a used radio, if you spend more than €100 on an '04 Golf the radio might be worth more than the car.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

Halfords have a good range but i wouldnt let them fit it.
    Any mechanic that has half an idea about electrics would be able to do it in 20mins so id ask whoever services the car first.
    If you can get someone to fit it then Halfords would be a good place to buy as their prices are competitive.

Advertisement