Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi 2

Options
  • 24-11-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I'm looking to pick up a raspberry pi 2 as a christmas gift, but I'd like to buy it bricks and mortar if possible. Maplins have it for near 50 quid which is a bit ridiculous. Does anyone know where I can buy it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Dose maplins come with an external wifi and keyborad or the SD with OS pre loaded ?? .

Not to be rude but have you tried Google, looked on e-bay ?There are heaps on place that sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paint Brush

mach1982 wrote: »
    Dose maplins come with an external wifi and keyborad or the SD with OS pre loaded ?? .

Not to be rude but have you tried Google, looked on e-bay ?There are heaps on place that sell them.

As I said already, I'm looking for bricks and mortar, so eBay fails super hard in that respect. Maplins one comes with an sd card and installer aid but all I need is the basic Raspverry pi 2.

I should also point out I'm in the Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Bought one from these guys before so can recommend,

Radionics Ltd
    Glenview Industrial Estate
    Herberton Road
    Rialto
    Dublin 12.

http://ie.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=services/local-branch

Sorry about thought
    I'd like to buy it bricks and mortar if possible
    meant you wanted to by the parts an make one your self .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

As I said already, I'm looking for bricks and mortar, so eBay fails super hard in that respect. Maplins one comes with an sd card and installer aid but all I need is the basic Raspverry pi 2.

Maplins do just the board too ...

http://www.maplin.ie/p/raspberry-pi-2-model-b-quad-core-1gb-mainboard-n02eb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Was searching around before myself and found Komplett to be reasonably priced. Didn't pull the trigger yet though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dmc17 wrote: »
    Was searching around before myself and found Komplett to be reasonably priced. Didn't pull the trigger yet though :)

They have a fixed shipping cost of €9.95 for everything though, so not that much of a bargain when you take that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

mach1982 wrote: »

a pi free with a magazine? i'll buy 5! 5 euro for a pi? jaysus lads:eek:

Advertisement