Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Recommendation for Car Park.

Options
  • 24-11-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a camera to capture a public parking space at night, Three times in the last two years our cars have been hit, the latest has rendered the wifes car a write off, despite knowing who did it the guards won't do anything as there is no witness so we are left to take the cost. Apparently matching paint and damage is not enough proof.

The issue is the parking space is 15m from the closest point we can mount a camera. I was looking at the Hikovision DS-2CD2232-I5 (12mm), at this stage I don't mind spending good money as we are down over a 1000 in two years. If you have any recommendations it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Hi Peter that is the only option you have just make sure the camera your using have a verifocal lens .

Hi.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a camera to capture a public parking space at night, Three times in the last two years our cars have been hit, the latest has rendered the wifes car a write off, despite knowing who did it the guards won't do anything as there is no witness so we are left to take the cost. Apparently matching paint and damage is not enough proof.

The issue is the parking space is 15m from the closest point we can mount a camera. I was looking at the Hikovision DS-2CD2232-I5 (12mm), at this stage I don't mind spending good money as we are down over a 1000 in two years. If you have any recommendations it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Peter

Advertisement