Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year English

Options
  • 24-11-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭

Can some English teachers please tell me what exactly we need to have done with Second Years for next week? I am receiving mixed messages at school and I have not had any training on the new Junior Cert as of yet. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Can some English teachers please tell me what exactly we need to have done with Second Years for next week? I am receiving mixed messages at school and I have not had any training on the new Junior Cert as of yet. Thanks

TUI or ASTI?
    Anyhow, tis all the one as its inhouse grading.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jamfa

In your school or nationally? The booklet for the CPD training has info & relevant dates etc: http://www.jct.ie/perch/resources/english_pdf/resource-booklet-day-2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

Jamfa wrote: »
    In your school or nationally? The booklet for the CPD training has info & relevant dates etc: http://www.jct.ie/perch/resources/english_pdf/resource-booklet-day-2.pdf

Thanks for that. Am I right in saying so that there are no deadlines to be met until 2016? There was some chat going on in the staffroom today about assessments and I was afraid I had missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jamfa

Thanks for that. Am I right in saying so that there are no deadlines to be met until 2016? There was some chat going on in the staffroom today about assessments and I was afraid I had missed something.

It's pretty clear in the booklet & the oral assessment can be held over to Sept 2016. The 2nd years are supposed to have started their collection of texts but that isn't assessed until Dec 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

Thanks a million for the help. Just wanted to double check!

• Advertisement
Advertisement