Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours ban appeal

Options
  • 24-11-2015 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hello, DR (again),

So, I just got from a one month site ban (which I got for the same post that got me the AH ban). I had 3 PMs when I logged in. The first one was informing me that I had received a one month ban from After Hours, the second one was informing me that I had received a one month site ban (for the same reason as the AH one) and the third PM was informing me that my one month AH ban had been upgraded to a permanent ban (by the same moderator).

What did I do? Well, I suppose you can easily find out in a few clicks but I'll repeat my offending post if I may:
    Typically I'm attracted to young girls walking alone on a quiet street, especially ones that don't look like they can put up much of a fight.
    This post was in response to a thread titled something along the lines of "What attracts you to the opposite sex?". I was joking of course. I thought it would be funny to heavily imply that I was a rapist (because rapists are frowned upon) but I was permabanned from AH (not to mention the one month site ban for the same reason).

I was banned for a "rape joke". Honestly, I wasn't making a joke about rape. I was degrading myself by implying I was a rapist (again, I'm not really a rapist). But of course, my post backfired and landed me into trouble. I failed to realise that other people can have different interpretations of things. It was careless of me to look at my post from a rape victims perspective. After reading it again I think I took the joke a bit too far with the "especially ones that don't look like they can put up much of a fight".

I am very sorry for making that careless post. It was very foolish of me and I regret it now. A joke like that would be fine between me and a few friends but posting something online that anyone can see is a very different story. I just wasn't thinking at the time, unfortunately. I didn't mean to insult anyone or laugh at rape or turn rape into a joke, I just wanted to make a joke out of myself by pretending to be a rapist.

Admittedly, I haven't got the cleanest history. 99% of my posts in After Hours have been fine. As I said in the prison forum, this event has been a wake up call for me to think before I post.

We can all agree that it's sometimes hard to define the posting standard in AH. Now, as I said, most of the time I was fine, there were just 2 or 3 incidents prior to this rape thing.

Please show me mercy, people learn from their mistakes (that includes me). I have just got back from a one month site ban for the joke I made and I found that to be horrible and I've decided that I won't mess up again.

I can understand if you don't want to unban me from AH right after I got off from my one month site ban and I'll be fine with it if it would be best if I wait a month before making another appeal.

Thank you, I hope I didn't bore you with all that text and I want to stress the fact that this was an honest (and very careless) mistake and I am very sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

It is good to know that you are sorry for your comment.

You have to understand that your past performance in AH & elsewhere on the site has been less than stellar. With less than 350 posts in AH & 6 mod actions needed already we can see where this is going, so the AH mods decided that enough was enough.

Actions speak louder than words, so keep your nose clean in all forums for the next six months - no warnings, infractions or bans from any forum - & we'll ask the AH mods what they think then.

All the best,

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Thank you for your response but I have some questions.

1. Have you spoken to the AH moderators already? Maybe I should have contacted the moderator who banned me before making this thread.

2. 6 months? Is that the soonest I can make another appeal? That's a bit long don't you think?

If I may, I'd like to point out that I think I'm due a one week ban from After Hours and not a one month nor permanent ban. I received a one week ban after I made a joke about something I had never heard of before. I explained to the moderator that I hadn't heard of the thing I was making a joke about and I apologised. Surprisingly, my one week ban was lifted less than an hour after getting it. Does a reversed one week ban count as a ban? What I mean is, should my latest AH ban be for a week or a month? You know how it goes - One day, one week, one month, permanent...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's the deal. Take it or leave it. It is not open for discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

See you in 6 months I guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If there's an agreement then, can this be considered resolved?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement