Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem accessing EUG - Eircom Unified Gateway

Options
  • 24-11-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Hi

I work for an ISP and I am now unable to access the EUG. Some months ago I found I was suddenly unable to access it in Chrome or Firefox, I think due to browsers or SSL upgrades, and I had to instead use Internet Explorer. This has now also stopped working despite having all versions of TLS enabled. I have tried about 10 other browsers, including downgrading Chrome and Firefox to August versions while making sure the certificate was loaded but this did not help.

Has anyone else encountered this issue on Windows, and is there a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Is the certificate still in date? Are you getting an SSL error or just a blank page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Latest in Firefox:

An error occurred during a connection to ugweb.eircom.ie. SSL peer rejected your certificate as expired. (Error code: ssl_error_expired_cert_alert)

I am trying something with TLS fallback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The certificate file is expired... You'll have to get a new one from Eircom. They typically only issue certs with a validity of a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks, I just had a look at the cert and saw it expired after 3 years a few days ago.

I thought all of this was related to recent web browser changes with SSL and TLS, as that recently made it so it would only load in IE, but it seems this is an entirely different issue!

Advertisement