Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC €400 budget

Options
  • 24-11-2015 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all,
    my young lad (14) has my head melted trying to buy his first PC (his current is a hand-me-down). He plays football manager, minecraft and diablo (No COD or GTA allowed, yet anyway!). He had picked this but offer gone off it now and out of price range -

Sedatech UC03003F1I8HE Multimedia Desktop PC (AMD A10 5800K 4x 3.8 GHz, Radeon HD7660D, 8 GB RAM, 1000 GB HDD, USB 3.0, Full HD 1080p, 80+ PSU, Windows 8)

Any ideas at all? Help greatly appreciated!

I filled in this in case it helps point us in the right direction:
    Gaming PC
    1. What is your budget? [€400(€500 if its worth it)]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Some games, some general]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [He can use his old case maybe?]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [N/A]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1Don't know]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Paypal]

9. When are you purchasing? [Before Christmas preferably]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No, his uncle nifty at this will do it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You can build a PC with the exact spefications as the Sedatech UC03003F1I8HE you were looking at for around €400

Parts from
    http://www.mindfactory.de/

369686.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You're far better off stretching to an i3 and using that €500, the A10 is way, way behind speed wise.

It has decent integrated graphics so it will perform OK with those games you've mentioned, but when the time does come for COD/GTA/Other big titles, it'll struggle badly.

Get an i3-4160 + GTX750 based system, it'll serve you far better now and in the future as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Camzor

Hi just wanted to respond to say thanks a million for your help, we had a look at that website and he's going to put it together himself from there. Thanks again :)

Advertisement