Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes stocking violife cheese products!

Options
  • 24-11-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I was in Dunnes Stores in the Blanchardstown centre over the weekend and couldn't believe my eyes, in the cheese section they had a full range of violife products. Different flavour slices, cheese spreads, blocks, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭actua11

It's great, isn't it? Places like Dunnes stocking brands like this help these types of productsfeel a little more normal and less of an 'alternative' choice.

http://lifeandfitnessmag.ie/dunnes-stores-selects-violife-dairy-free-cheese-to-expand-their-growing-free-from-food-range/

Actually I've only had the original style violife, has anyone tried the mozzarella, cheddar style or others? Are they any good? I found with other brands like 'sheeze' that when they try to flavour their styles of cheese, they are never great...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks for posting this. My OHs daughter has allergies which mean she can't have normal cheese and this is the first I've come across that she could eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

actua11 wrote: »
    Actually I've only had the original style violife, has anyone tried the mozzarella, cheddar style or others? Are they any good? I found with other brands like 'sheeze' that when they try to flavour their styles of cheese, they are never great...

The one for pizza is my favourite. I don't melt it though, personally I find it more like a gel when melted, I just eat it as is in sandwiches and on crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Spotted a few violife products in Dunnes in Douglas too and a few more quorn refrigerated products also. Not sure if the new quorn stuff will last long there though as I'd say most people wouldn't see them without purposefully looking for them, they're a bit out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

They stock a good selection of Violife cheese products at Dunnes in Charlestown.

The blocks are great for grating on the tops of pizzas or lasagna.

They also do it sliced and in a few different flavours (smoked is nice).

The sliced ones are great for sandwiches or crackers because I find the blocks a bit of an awkward shape to cut slices off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've gotten addicted to the Violife "Cream Cheese". I've been tempted to try the "Parmesan"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bought the parmesan loads now, love it on pasta grated

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

Maxthedm wrote: »
    The one for pizza is my favourite. I don't melt it though, personally I find it more like a gel when melted, I just eat it as is in sandwiches and on crackers.

Tried this grated on toast with tomato slices. Was very tasty. Must try a roasted veg Pizza next. It will be my 1st pizza in months

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheLisNo

Firehouse pizza use this on their vegan pizzas, it's lovely!

Advertisement