Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password reset notification

Options
  • 24-11-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't request this. I know what my password is.
    Just a heads up in case some dick tried to use my account.

369653.PNG

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This can happen from time to time. Someone who thinks they have your username has requested a new password. Obviously, you're the one who gets the notification.

-Shield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It could also have been a bot using a list of normal names.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Thanks folks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you're in any doubt, change your password to something new and difficult, e.g. at least 12 characters, non-dictionary words, upper and lower case etc etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement