Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbogget park after dark!

Options
  • 24-11-2015 9:48pm

Do you reckon Kilbogget is safe enough at night/early mornings for running?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Its 15 feet from my front window.

Just let me know when your running and i'll get the rifle out and pick off any strangers that approach you.

Never heard of any badness there at all, i run there all the time at night, they have lights up now so not so bad, I just don't run up near the running track, not that i'm afraid haha.

Start at the rugby club, down by the river, past the all weather picth. if your worried about the dark side with no lights, run back up granville road where the streets are lit, and just keep doing a loop

Heh, it was actually the running track I was thinking of :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Heh, it was actually the running track I was thinking of :pac:

A bit darker up there, the travellers are there too, they are all sound but might put some people off

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Never heard of any trouble there tbh, walk the dogs after dark at times and no issues.

Grid. wrote: »
    Never heard of any trouble there tbh, walk the dogs after dark at times and no issues.

So it's you that I have to look out for then :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've spent my whole life living next to it, when I was a kid it used to terrify me. I've never heard of anything bad happening to anyone, and evening time I'd say your grand. I wouldn't be running very late.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Teenagers hang around in the playground at night, seem harmless and its all lit there anyway. On several nights there is rugby being played and its all floodlit, not sure if running around the outside of the pitch is an option, i.e. on grass. You could probably find when the rugby is played on some website.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

So it's you that I have to look out for then :P

Haaaaaa.....shur I wouldn't hurt a fly!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

And if you wanna do any training in Kilbogget, Seapoint have just set up a womens section and I know they're really desperate for some more numbers, but you'd probably be grand to just show up and their sessions and do fitness with them. They're all beginners.

Advertisement