Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderbird to the Cloud for multi user mail management?

Options
  • 24-11-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I have my main business email managed through Thunderbird and find it great. All emails, attachments etc are stored locally on the PC. I've actually set up the email to send a BCC to my @gmail of every sent/received mail, so I can access all emails to/from this account through my Gmail account too which is handy, although rarely taken advantage of.

I've been considering getting somebody to assist me with the management and actioning of emails for customer bookings etc and wondering what the best way to go about this would be so that we're both using the same system and it would be easy to see at a glance which mails have been actioned, to see conversations, to see attachments, searching, having template replies etc.

I was thinking maybe he could access via a remote desktop but then I guess it would need him to take control of my laptop while I might be using it so that definitely isn't ideal.

Maybe it would be best just to move the whole system to the cloud, but then I'd miss the offline access.

Would appreciate any suggestions on this and any feedback at all would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Would anyone have any idea on this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Samson1

Hi. Sounds like you would be better off setting up an IMAP account rather than the more common Pop3 email accounts.
    Then you can set up the same email address on any number of machines, with same username/password - and can view in real time mail sent/received from that address, including attachments.

Advertisement