Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader or Limited Company

Options
  • 24-11-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,

I will be happy if anyone may help me, before I go to accountant.
    I have now full time job, but I want to open my own business. Should I register as Sole Trader or Limited Company if I want to keep my current job???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Are you allowed to operate a business while being employed where you are? If you are then it doesn't matter which option you take. Whether you go LTD or ST is going to depend on whether you need to limit your liability or not. Given that this is going to be part time it normally makes most sense to go Sole Trader but it does depend on what you are going to be doing. If you aren't willing to post all the details here then just tell the accountant everything and they should advise you on what they think is best. If you're importing from China to sell on ebay/amazon etc then ST is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

As Jimmii says, check your contract of employment. Then have a read of this

• Registered Users Posts: 12 michael_axor

Thanks for answer,

Generally I may have another job. I was just wondering about tax etc. I have appointment on Monday to see some accountant. Once again thanks for reply!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Edit Sorry.was meant for anothet thread.

Advertisement