Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network / Ethernet / IP Speakers - Talk to me!

• 24-11-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    We want to stream music in 2 separate lobbies. There is a LAN in place.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to purchase 2 Network / Ethernet / IP speakers? I'm talking decent size & wall-mountable, not so much a small home unit but something you'd see in a lobby etc.

Then, when connected to the network, a PC on the same LAN can act as music 'server', streaming music out to the speakers either through software provided, or something similar.

Can anyone advise? I'm not getting anywhere online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Folks,
    We want to stream music in 2 separate lobbies. There is a LAN in place.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to purchase 2 Network / Ethernet / IP speakers? I'm talking decent size & wall-mountable, not so much a small home unit but something you'd see in a lobby etc.

Then, when connected to the network, a PC on the same LAN can act as music 'server', streaming music out to the speakers either through software provided, or something similar.

Can anyone advise? I'm not getting anywhere online.

Pair of Sonos Play 1 / Play 3. They stream vai network or network connection. The can also be used to connect Internet radio, Spotify etc. All they need is a power( wall plug )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

akaSol wrote: »
    Pair of Sonos Play 1 / Play 3. They stream vai network or network connection. The can also be used to connect Internet radio, Spotify etc. All they need is a power( wall plug )

Yeah, been googling them since earlier. They look like the way to go, alright.

It would be controlled from a PC on the network. Wondering how the network discovery works, is it possible to give them an IP, I wonder? Or does it have it's own propitiatory method? (that's ok, too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭worded

Expensive ?

Yeah, been googling them since earlier. They look like the way to go, alright.

It would be controlled from a PC on the network. Wondering how the network discovery works, is it possible to give them an IP, I wonder? Or does it have it's own propitiatory method? (that's ok, too)
    worded wrote: »
    Expensive ?

Play 1 €229 each, Play 3 €349 each or this time of year they do a twin Play 1 kit for €399

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

akaSol wrote: »
    Play 1 €229 each, Play 3 €349 each or this time of year they do a twin Play 1 kit for €399

Can you link me to the twin play 1's?

• Advertisement

Can you link me to the twin play 1's?

Twin

Although every one who retails sonos should have them

(Not a fan of Harveys, hence the dry remark)

Advertisement